the new Escape the Pacific version 'Alpha 37' is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on adding a Sit & Wait mechanic and a new Paddle system. There is a new Coconut Pot Candle and a couple of new Building Modules. Gameplay improvements were also added and some issues fixed.
The new Sit mechanic offers 3 features: 1) Slowly decreases tiredness in the morning hours and slows down increasing tiredness in the afternoon and in the evening, 2) Speeds up Stamina recovery, 3) Makes it possible to speed up the time and Wait for some certain events (drying up wood, finished meal cooking, ...) or simply enjoy watching the Sun set over the ocean ...
The Paddle system requires to have a custom paddle held in hand before entering a Canoe. Paddle material quality is degrading over time and by using the paddle. There is one paddle available for crafting at the moment, others with different properties will follow later.
The Coconut Pot Candle makes another good use for spare Coconut Pots. It is more resistant to wind than the regular Candles are. Coconut Pots with Salt water can also be put onto Campfire cooking places to speed up evaporation and to get salt sooner.
There are some new Roof Building Modules which make the building process more interesting. The new 100% waterproof Coconut Palm Build Modules allow to have dry places inside even during the most intense rain. Smaller objects are now outlined when aiming to locate them easier, mainly when they are buried in sand or hidden in high grass.
- Added: Sit down mechanic
- Added: Wait mechanic
- Added: New Paddle system
- Added: Simple Paddle recipe
- Added: Coconut Pot Candle recipe
- Added: Place Coconut Pot with Salt Water onto Cooking places for fast water evaporation
- Added: New Roof module
- Added: 100% shielding Coconut Palm Build modules
- Added: Outline for small objects when Aimed
- Added: Functionality to Salt Meal when Drying
- Added: Functionality to Salt Meal when Cooking
- Fixed: Crabs, Salmon and Oyster not salt-able
- Fixed: Whole Seagull not salt-able
- Fixed: Salted and Not Salted objects grouping together in Inventory
- Fixed: Whole Seagull cut to parts without salt value
- Fixed: Peeled Papaya on Drying Rack caused Drying Rack to rotate
- Fixed: Not able to climb Ramp on Tilted Raft
- Fixed: Not able to climb Ramp when completed and saved/loaded Side-Beam Frame was above it
- Fixed: Missing localized Text for TakeAll button in Inventory
- Fixed: Missing localized description text for Bow in Craft Menu
- Fixed: Missing Build Menu Page when clicked there after Craft/Recipe Menu
As the next update (A38) will be released just before the summer holidays we don't plan to add/implement some big features - we will aim to work on expanding and balancing the existing game mechanics. Some of the longer present issues are already in fixing stage. Additional plans include also the Fruit ripening, Fruit regrow, Door, Window, Spear, Smoker, Ship wrecks, Sailing UI, Dolphins, Sharks ... We will work also on solving new issues and we will re-check some older issues too. Other new features will be added as implementing planned features and fixing issues will allow us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Do you like our game and want to help even more during development? We look forward to every positive review posted on our Steam page and thank everyone who decides to support us along the way!
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to ask us. We will try to answer your questions in detail.