We have a small update to the build today. For the most part it's bug fixes from what's been reported on the forums. Thanks to everyone that took the time to let us know about issues they've encountered!
We're also adding the option to exchange the confirm/cancel buttons on the gamepad, Switch button icons for the gamepad icons selection, some optimizations and a few balance tweaks tied to crafting components and Blood Magic. We're also adding a new difficulty option that will make the RNG "friendlier to the player" for those that would like that.
Finally, we updated the packaging for a few assets, which dropped the build size down by ~400MB.
We came back from Dreamhack a few days ago. Thanks to everyone that visited our booth!
The event was a lot of fun and the feedback great!
06/07/2019 - Version 1.0.4
- Confirm/Cancel: Adding an option to invert the Confirm/Cancel buttons to the options.
- Loading Maps: Adding a "Loading..." text when a map is being loaded, to be clearer about it.
- Menus: Making menu navigation a little smoother, as some of the slower menus could have a bit of stutter on slower systems.
- Optimizations: Various small optimizations were made to reduce loading times.
- Build Size: Refactored a bunch of assets, which reduced the build size by about 500 MBs.
- Crafting: Kyrie reminds the player about crafting after a certain point in the story, but only if the player hasn't already visited the crafting screen. Now she will remind the player regardless.
- Holy Bolt: Renamed Ercinee "Holy Bolt" to "Sacred Bolt".
- Arena Prompt: Updating the arena prompt after winning a bout, to make it clear what the options are (Keep Fighting and Retire vs Yes and No).
- Gamepads: Adding the Switch icons to the list of Gamepad Icons so the player can select them. The Switch controller works in game but the player needs to set it to "Switch Gamepad Pro" in Steam beforehand and it won't use the Switch icons by default in game.
- Difficulty: Changing the -15% to enemy stats difficulty option to -25% to enemy stats.
- Fetid Depths: Flagging some tiles as invalid destinations for displacement abilities, so the player can't be stuck on those tiles.
- Blood Magic: Changing conversion rate from 1.5% HP -> 1 MP to 2% HP -> 1 MP.
- Ending 2: Now showing a red node on the map when certain conditions are met, to show a specific node could be visited to get more information.
- Ancient Path: Now showing a red node when the Ancient Path initially opens, to help people notice it on the map. It's a secret dungeon though, so a little obfuscation is part of it.
- Distilled Water: Adding more drop locations for this crafting component in the last chapter of the story.
- Quality Thread: Adding slightly more drop locations for this crafting component.
- RNG: Adding a difficulty setting about Random numbers, with 2 options. The first option is the current system of rolling a simple d100 and using the result. The second option is "Skewed", which will skew the player's rolls in their favor a bit.
- Difficulty Settings: Changing the Easy preset to use the new "Player Friendly" random numbers system.
- Gamepads: When switching gamepads during play, it could happen that the help/options buttons would stop working on the new gamepad.
- Kawa Event: A specific event with some kawas could happen twice under specific circumstances. Fixed.
- Story Characters: Some story characters could have a weird Counter equipped when joining. Fixed.
- Typos: Fixing a few typos in the dialogues.
- Infernal Depth: Fixing a lava tile not flagged as lava correctly.
- Patrol Levels: Fixing a visual issue where the patrol level range could be shown to be over 99 (even though it would still be capped at 99 in practice).
- Manual Sorting: Manually sorting entries in the Troops menu would leave many characters walking in place. Fixed.
- Life Font: In some languages, the tooltip wasn't showing the correct information for that passive. Fixed.
- Vyscerawyrms: When spawning in a position with a unit, they could push the unit away in an invalid tile under rare circumstances. Fixed.
- Undies Set: Adding missing frames to this outfit.
- Changing Appearance: Going into the "Change Appearance" menu at the guild after dismissing all possible units would crash the game. Fixed.
- Patented Usage: When the AI used an item through Patented Usage, it would not decrease the amount of item uses left for the item in question. Fixed.
- Turn Order: The turn order bar wouldn't update correctly (until their next turn) when removing Haste or Slow from a unit. Fixed.
- Pushing Attacks: There was a rare case where the AI could use a push ability on a target that's immune to displacements, thinking it would be useful. Fixed.
- AI Weapons: There was a very rare case where an enemy could have a Bow/Crossbow in their main hand and a gun in their offhand. Fixed.
- Grandhalls: During battle dialogues, a certain character could look towards the wrong direction while talking to another character. Fixed.
- Chilling Touch: Chilling Touch and similar passives would list a % chance in the prediction box for Sabotage and Teleport Other, even though it won't work. Fixed.
edit: Adding patch notes!