Another amazing day for Battalion 1944 yesterday, obliterating our expectations and setting our record number of concurrent players and most copies sold since full release! We’re thrilled with the support we’re receiving to bring back old school shooters - with players and streamers flocking to get their dose of the Battalion 1944 hype through word of mouth.
It's been amazing to see so many players relate to this classic style of FPS and because of this, we’ve been working hard on fixes and new quality of life features as well as bigger content behind the scenes for the future. This is only the beginning for Battalion 1944!
Free For All - Rifles Only playlist lands on Invasion
Our event playlist fittingly lands on the beaches of Normandy with Invasion being this week’s map in the playlist rotation.
SEA Servers - Coming Soon!
After the growing success of Battalion, we can see there is a decent sized SEA community wishing to play Battalion competitively. We're pleased to say that we'll be adding SEA servers in the near future, get practicing!
Muzzle Flash - Weapon Feedback Polish
The ordering of actions when firing a weapon has been adjusted so that the muzzle flash appears the exact frame the mouse button is pressed rather than a few frames after to help communicate to players when the bullet leaves the weapon. (Thanks u/int64shrandy)
- Party management can now be handled within the competitive screen instead of overlay.
- ‘Active event’ card is now shown on the competitive 5v5 Wartide page.
- Player cards in Faceit matchroom are now clickable and opens the player’s profile in the overlay.
- Friend requests would overlap if too many were listed at once. Friends request list is now scrollable.
- Added ‘waiting to start timer’ in competitive whilst players are connecting to the server.
- Added a potential fix for the last remaining cases of menu stutter.
- Added fix for never ending CTF games by forcing the bots to drop the flag when a new player connects.
- Added a potential fix for the issues a small number of players where seeing where they couldn’t join any official server.
- Knife animation can no longer be seen by other players when stood inside a smoke.
- Added fix for the ‘russian walking’ bug so you can no longer unfairly speed around the map silently when spamming crouch. (Remember: crouch walking and ADS walking is silent!)
- Added potential fix for the incorrect map loading after the map veto process in competitive.
- Added potential FFA server crash fix.
- Added a fix for a rare client crash when someone else was firing their weapon.
A Bright Future for Battalion 1944
As Battalion 1944 goes from strength to strength - we’re already working on long term plans with our publisher Square Enix & our amazing partners at Faceit for sustainability both for the competitive scene and juicy arcade content. We’re full steam ahead on post release development and we can’t wait to share all the juicy new with you guys!
Here’s to a bright future for our growing Battalion 1944 community.