We've published an update to the game.
Here are the release notes:
• Only 1 defense tower in a city will be repaired each turn.
• The casting progress of Increase Meditation, Increase Battle Mana and Expand Item Vault will be not be lost when you switch to casting other world spells.
• Whenever a city owned by a deity with the Alchemist ability creates a potion, there is a 50% chance of creating an extra potion.
• Added city radius outlines. These can be turned on or off in the Game Options.
• Added “road_color” key to ui_settings.txt, to allow changing the road color.
• Bug fixes: victory condition population, city specializations affecting research, logical planner affecting friendly units, item enchantments divine barrier and great divine barrier, heal specialist ability, descriptions for spells that use unit level instead of magic level.
• The AI will now cast portal spells.
• Added ability Unimpeded, allowing a unit to move unimpeded through Zone of Control and other impairing effects (Slow Movement, Inhibit Movement). A number of units will receive this ability.
• Supply Wagons can choose All-Terrain Specialist as a level-up ability.
• Changed default starting_battle_mana to 30, starting_meditation to 40. This will only apply to new installs (new players), or if you delete game_settings.txt, or manually change the values in game_settings.txt.
• Changed the way xp needed to level up is calculated. It is now 2level^3 - 5level^2 + 12level. Relative to the current system, this makes levelling up much faster until level 13, after which it gets increasingly hard. You can change the coefficients in game_settings.txt, which are named xp_coeff_3, xp_coeff_2, xp_coeff_1, xp_coeff_0. The formula for the xp needed for a unit of level to get to the next level is xp_coeff_3level^3 + xp_coeff_2level^2 + xp_coeff_1level + xp_coeff0.
• Reduced the Evolve level requirements of various units.
• The Item List screen will remember its position while equipping units.
• The Items button will show a rotating icon when new items are available.
• Added some small decor to battle fields and dungeons.
• Added Game option to reverse the Battle Order queue.
• Added button to the Unit Info screen to allow disbanding/destroying a friendly unit during battle.
• Lesser heroes should roll about half as many strikes and twice as much damage as they currently do.
• When a unit with the Backstabber ability attacks an enemy while in a position to backstab, the enemy cannot strike back.
• Added new Spells: Frostbite, Cold Snap, Summon Young White Dragon, Summon Lesser Rift Spawn. Added new Buffs: Frostbite, Cold Snap.
• Added 4 new units: Highmen Mercenary Rider, Elven Ice Sorceress, Ancient Elven Ice Sorceress, Lesser Rift Spawn.
• Added 2 new attacks: Glacial Spike, Chaos Emission.
• Added new ability Bringer of Cold.
• Added Magic Gems. Currently the only use for magic gems is to allow enchantments on items. Much more will come in future updates.
• Added display lines in Deities Info Screen for lesser hero chance, and Magic Gems.
• More enchantments can be added to created items. Most will require Magic Gems.
• Current mods in the workshop will now allow Steam achievements to be earned.
• Adjusted the “ai_battle_target_most_hurt_enemy_mod” game setting to a default of 100.
• You can direct engineers to build a road to a target tile. This is done by Ctrl+left clicking a target tile when an engineer(s) are selected.
• Fixed crash that occurred sometimes after demonically possessing an enemy.
• Reduced the size of wall graphics on the overland map.
• Added 3 additional Create Portal spells on the overland map with increased ranges. Decreased the cost of the existing Create Portal spells.
• Increased maximum possible Health on Heroic Rings to 8.
• Fixed a crash that could occur when a totally unguarded city (no units, garrison or tower) was within the evaluation range of an enemy AI army, or was attacked by an enemy army.
• Raising/lowering terrain with minerals on it will only destroy the minerals if the new terrain doesn't allow the minerals (so no Whales can occur on grassland).
• Changed the deity “Soul Channeler” abililty: “The casting cost to raise core units from the dead is reduced by 50%, and souls consumed from winning battles is increased by 50%. “ Was previously 10% and 10%.
• Souls Consumed from defeating enemies or casting Consume Souls has been reduced by 50%.
• The snaring effects of Grappling Hooks, Bola Balls and Entangling Shot attacks now have a max duration of 3 combat rounds plus 1 round per 5 units levels. Units can still break free of the effects at any time.
• Removed the Inhibit Movement ability as a level up option from all units except Mud Goblin Blocker. This reverts back to the original unit abilities.
• Individual units can be automated during battle. These units act when you hit the End Turn button.
• Updated the way the enabled/disabled status of mods is stored on the local hard disk. This may help prevent some anti-virus software from triggering alerts when mods are downloaded.
• Added a setting to game_settings.txt to make the AI more likely to target hurt enemies. The “target_most_hurt_unit” key will increase the likelihood of targetting hurt enemies. A value of 100 increases the chance by 100%, while a value of 500 increases the chance by 500%.
• Auto Battle (AI): units will attempt to pickup treasure in dungeons once all enemies have been defeated.
• You can press F5 during battle to see which tiles you haven't seen yet. Useful to determine where you still need to explore in dungeons.
• Fixed a crash caused when pressing the right/left arrow keys while viewing a unit that isn't in an army (eg an unhired mercenary unit in the City Screen, or a preview of a unit from the Building Tree or Unit Compendium).
• Color coded city graphics. Does not apply to mods.
• You can now mod the thickness of the game fonts by editing the appropriate key-values in ui_settings.txt.
• You can reset individual game options to default by right clicking the game option.
• Added game option to increase/decrease chance of lesser heroes appearing.
• Potions from units that evolve should now be distributed correctly (rather than disappearing forever).
• Increased the strength rating of Young Dragons.
• Fixed a bug with heroes sometimes not appearing in the Army-at-Tile/Overall Strength popup window.
• Added game option to view units numeric move path costs during battle.
• Reduced chance of lesser heroes offering their services.
• Fixed a crash that could occur at start up when random deities could not be rolled properly.
• Enhanced AI potion usage.
• Fixed a bug with the game options sliders, and some game options not updating correctly when set.
• Supply units can now gain experience from combat.
Changed files in this update