We are releasing a hotfix build for growth issue that has been introduced in last patch.
It appears that scaling physics time is required for stable fade-in to growth mode. It wouldn't manifest as destructive explosion but actually leave the physics world in a different state than portrayed in game when having entered growth mode. This would result in weird Sipho deformations when ungrowing parts and inconsistent placement of new parts. This is now fixed.
We have reverted changes for this exact case while leaving kill-slowdowns deterministic. Best of both worlds it appears.
Some additional changes have sneaked in that would have been introduced in later patches. Reacting to your feedback, we have partially tweaked Vagorian breed. Check out full changelist for details:
- Fix bug in The Matrix 2
- Select Dialog button only when it's shown rather every frame
- Optimize Matrix2x2 accessors, speeding up deformable
- Still change fixedDeltaTime when pausing the game - deformable needs to fade-to target positions
- Disable Wind package
- Buff Peapod health to 6 and make it half as slowing as expected
- Killed bombs explode at half range with half damage
- Slow down Burstopod weapon animation so it is only visibly ready when actually ready and make it scale with skill speed
- Use Particle System Force Fields to move ambient particles instead of Wind Zones
- Disable many unused built-in packages - this time for real