Hayo coaster friends!
We’re pleased to announce that free update 1.12 is live now, along with Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters!
This pack brings a new story-driven scenario for a unique experience, iconic Ghostbusters content faithful to the original 1984 film, two new rides, and new gameplay mechanics that will have you capturing ghosts in no time.
Alongside the paid content comes the free Quick Draw ride, a new ride where your guests can shoot targets to win a place on the leaderboard! You have to grab this ride separately via Steam here.
Planet Coaster: Ghostbusters* is available to purchase from Steam and the Frontier Store now for £12.99 (€14.99/$14.99).
*Please note that you need to have the Planet Coaster game (sold separately) in order to download and play this extra content.
You know who to call!
New Free Ride and City Biome
- Quick Draw – A non-themed shooting dark ride allowing you to set up your own ride based around different themes. Complete with a unique blueprint, and customisable with linked targets and sequencer effects
- New city biome – Complete with moving traffic and vibrant lights at night
- New city tarmac and city tarmac worn terrain textures
Ghostbusters DLC now available
- A new multiple chapter Story Scenario “Who Ya Gonna Call?” based around the original Ghostbusters film, complete with voice overs from Dan Aykroyd as Ray Stantz and William Atherton as Walter Peck
- All 4 Ghostbusters from the 1984 film available as trainable staff members to bust ghosts in your park!
- Classic Ray Parker Jr Ghostbusters theme tune, as well as an acoustic Planet Coaster style version
- Bonus Story Park to rescue an abandoned haunted theme park using the Ghostbusters
- Ghosts haunting rides, scaring guests and vandalizing bins. Also available outside of the Ghostbusters story parks, providing an added challenge to your park management
- Ghostbusters tracking and catching ghosts using PKE Meter, Proton Pack and Ghost Traps, as seen in the film
- New facility - The Ecto Containment Unit, used to store ghosts that have been captured by your Ghostbusters. This comes in 2 varieties; wall mounted or free-standing
- Ghostbusters themed Shooting Dark Ride including high score leader-boards to track your highest scores
- A fully driveable Ecto-1 vehicle with working siren, horn, radio and lights
- New challenges presented to the player based around different objectives. Meet the targets and earn a reward from cash to guest traits.
Shooting Dark Ride and Coaster
- The Ghostbusters Experience – A Ghostbusters themed shooting ride featuring a countdown from Dan Aykroyd himself! You and your guests are transported through key scenes from the original 1984 film in an Ecto-1 coaster car, taking on ghost targets using a Particle Thrower to achieve the highest combo and score. Customisable with linked targets and sequencer effects.
- Rollerghoster – A Slimer themed roller-coaster for the whole family to enjoy, complete with “Little Spud” blueprint. Guests sit in a slime covered train with Slimer racing along the tracks up front
- Directional arrow added to show which way the coaster car is facing on tracked rides where the direction of the car can be adjusted
Ghostbusters Park themed items
A brand new entertainer – The Stay Puft Marshmallow man
Stay Puft Marshmallows
- Vending machine
- Edible items
Ghostbusters themed balloons, all purchasable from Loony Balloons
- Stay Puft Marshmallows
Ghostbusters themed hats based on iconic hats from the film, these can be purchased by guests from Hat’s Fantastic or used in the avatar editor
- Ecto goggles
- Louis Tully helmet
- Stay Puft sailor cap
Janitor whistles the Ghostbusters theme in Ghostbuster story parks
King Coaster and King Ghoster sing the Ghostbusters theme in Ghostbuster story parks
96 Scenery Pieces, including
- 4x animatronic Ghostbusters – Multiple poses including visible proton streams
- Ghostbusters Proton Packs, PKE Meter and Ghost Trap
- Modular Stay Puft Marshmallow Man pieces – Complete with happy and angry animated trigger-able heads
- Animatronic Slimer, also available as a shootable target
- Animatronic Gozer, Zuul and Vince Clortho terror dogs with multiple animations
- New visual effects including lightning and swirling storm clouds
- Multiple flexi-colour moving ghost hologram animatronics which double up as shootable targets
- Sedgewick hotel table, chair and chandelier
302 Building Pieces including
- Ghostbusters Firehouse wall set, including new lights
- Spook Central wall set based on 55 Central Park West
- Gozer Temple wall set
- Romanesque wall set based on classic New York style buildings
- City Brick wall set based on traditional red/brown brick buildings seen in New York
- Cast Stone wall set based on New York stone wall buildings
- New facade set including scaffolding, to create a forced perspective city street scene in your park
- Ghostbusters and Stay Puft Marshmallow signs – Including neon signs and lit varieties
- Ghostbusters building blueprints for all the key building featured in the Story
- "Mute Licenced Music" option for steamers
- Volume slider to adjust the VO levels