Time for another patch! This one addresses a few pesky bugs, early game balance issues, as well as the issue of save corruption between updates. New chunks of content and requested features such as spell / potion cooldown are being worked on, but require more time in order to be done right. In the meantime, here's 0.1.3:
- Added water to the environment, using a shader by GamingReverends
- Added basic backwards compatibility to the save system, making it possible to carry saves over to new versions (in theory)
- Visual improvements to the surface environment
- Adjusted the rate at which enemies scale. Tougher enemy types are slightly less common and start spawning 1-2 levels later.
- Adjusted surface enemy spawn rates
- Wolves now have a 100% chance to drop a pelt on death. (+Large fang if colossal)
- Increased the size of the safe area around the campfire that prevents enemies from spawning
- Nerfed frost and stun duration scaling on Snap Freeze and Radiant Blast
- Decreased the starting radius of Snap Freeze
- Game is now saved immediately after starting a new game
- Added a warning that will appear when hovering over the New Game option in the menu if a save exists
- For technical reasons, the drawing order of inventory panels needed to be changed. This means they are not currently affected by the lighting system.
- Following the fix to character customization at the start of a new game, it was possible to load incomplete save files containing nothing but hair & beard data.
- Helmet hider button was misbehaving
- Stat tooltips did not appear correctly at all zoom levels
- Parts of larger weapons did not get covered in blood
- Potential fix for desynced wolf eyes