Onward ‘Reloaded’ update has finally arrived! The team has been hard at work putting together new content and refreshing the visuals of the game and the time has come to share it with you. In the interest of providing the best quality we can, we will be staggering the release of maps to ensure that each one gets the proper amount of attention- Onward wouldn’t be what it is without you and you deserve the best we can give.
Map Rollout Schedule:
Today: We are releasing a selection of Onward’s existing maps; Bazaar Day & Night, Cargo, Shooting Range, Suburbia Day & Night, Subway, and Tanker.
Early Next Week -We will see the release of the rest of the classic Onward maps; Downfall Day & Night, Quarantine Day & Night, and Jungle.
At the End of Next Week - We will include two new nighttime map variants and our newest map for 1.6; Snowpeak Day & Night, Abandoned Day & Night, Turbine.
Turbine: This hydroelectric dam provides power for the region and serves as a strategic chokepoint that each faction strives to control. MARSOC and Volk forces control opposite ends of the dam. It's time to break the stalemate.
We are all extremely excited for you to experience all the updates to our core content as well as the new additions. We hope you all enjoy this ‘Reloaded’ update and we can’t wait to see you in Onward!
Main Additions recap:
VIRTUAL GUNSTOCK MODE
We’ve recently been working on a new option for Onward that will allow users with Inside-Out-Tracked VR setups to accurately aim and enjoy the game in a similar fashion to existing VR setups, called “Virtual Gunstock Mode”. There can be tracking deadzones with Inside-Out-Tracked VR headsets, and without this option players can sometimes lose track of their dominant hand when aiming. This new option helps to solve this issue so all players can enjoy the intense gameplay of Onward without tracking problems.
IMPROVED WMR SUPPORT
We’ve made controller keybinds more intuitive for WMR devices.
INDEX CONTROLLER SUPPORT
The Index controllers will be officially supported in Onward upon release. Picking up objects and interacting with weapons and equipment will still be the same as before, but you will now be able to move every finger individually when your hands aren’t holding anything.
STEAMVR INPUT REBINDING SUPPORT
For people who want to customize their input, you will soon be able to rebind all of Onward's input commands in SteamVR in v1.6. This also allows us to support many new devices and control schemes, such as with Windows Mixed Reality.
Here are some sample screenshots of what to expect from 1.6.
The v1.6 update will contain these major features :
- A new animation system, including improved running animation, and a brand new crawling animation
- More realistic eyes on player models
- Better lighting / realtime shadows
- Various performance improvements
- A complete visual update of the existing maps
- An updated loadout UI, including weapon stats and details
- New models for the AK-12 and M16A4 rifles
- A new watch model, plus the option to wear it on the inside of your wrist
- A new killhouse course in the Shooting Range
- Better support for WMR controllers
- A virtual gunstock option
- Index controller support
You will be able to expect these following features in the near future!
- Blood decals
- Newly reworked and improved scopes
- More player slots in Operations lobbies, along with improved AI and additions to Co-Op
- Ammo boxes for Support roles
- New red dot sight : Aimpoint and PKA-S
- A brand new map: Turbine
- Greatly improved the visuals with more accurate lighting, realistic shadows, and a new post-processing stack.
- Added a virtual gunstock option.
- Made throwing objects more consistent across all headsets and smoother through deadzones. If you would like to enable the old “vanilla” throwing options, launch the game with the “vanillathrow” launch parameter.
- Improved the player animations.
- Added a killhouse section to the Shooting Range.
- Replaced the M16A4 and AK12 with in-house made models.
- Updated the SteamVR integration, allowing users to create their own binds more easily.
- Added support for Index controllers and individual finger tracking for gestures.
- Improved WMR controller support.
- Netcode optimizations and improvements.
- Greatly optimized game performance.
- Replaced the watch model.
- Added an option to rotate the in-game watch to the inside of a player's wrist.
- Unity 2018.3.10 upgrade, enabling the use of single pass instanced rendering.
- Added two new Main menu scenes.
- Improved the Loadout UI and added weapon stats to the loadout screen.
- Updated weapon textures for Famas / M1014 / M39 EMR.
- Added an option to sprint when joystick / trackpad is on the outer edge.
- Added an option to place the watch inside your wrist.
- Generally improve spectating performance by enabling occlusion culling on non-main cameras and turning off some special effects.
- Tweaked the pistol mag poses to make them easier to insert into the pistols.
- Added haptic animation to knife stabbing.
- Added ballistic shield weight simulation.
- Improved chambering a round when bolt was already locked back.
- Improved the M249 and PKM reloading experience.
- Improved performance when holstering shotgun shell boxes by re-using existing shells.
- Disabled the +1 timeout button in ESL ruleset games in the very first round.
- Implemented a function to have a lobby refresh its information before proceeding to join.
- Replaced the crashed helicopter model with an in-house made model.
- Improved Pimax support with culling on the outer edges of the field of view.
- Fixed movement speed being affected by framerate.
- Reset the player that last damaged you when you get healed from a downed state. no longer dole out teamkills if a teammate wounds you and then you click exit to tent.
- Fixed tasers not ending rounds or infracting team-down using them, and also fixed game syncing issues when players join mid-game.
- Fixed C4 explosions being offset upwards, causing explosions to not damage properly when stuck to ceilings.
- Fixed C4 not affecting shooting range targets.
- Fixed knives not affecting shooting range targets, C4, or molotovs.
- Potential fix for spectators hearing dead player voices.
- Spectator kill feed now shows the last weapon and last damage type that hit you before you suicide by exiting to menu, since that person gets kill credit. Also added kill feed support for RPGs, M203 underbarrel grenades, and Stun Gun.
- Moved the front grip on the AK5C to fix a recurring complaint regarding letting go of the grip unintentionally.
- Fixed lobby getting stuck when countdown got cancelled.
- Fixed players getting booted in Subway.
- Fixed Tanker's objectives being offset on the tent map.
- Fixed white-squares thumbnails happening at times in Desktop Spectate Mode.
- Fixed the AK5C fire mode selector.
- Fixed the G36C fire mode selector.
- Fixed the audio of other players submerging in water sounding like it comes from your player.
- Fixed resetting loadouts when having a red dot selected on pistols.
- Fixed long team names not fitting in the losing dialog for spectators.
- Fixed no fireteam leader in uplink assault if a team of only Volk starts the game.