Hope you’re doing well! I am happy to report that was have finally reached the end of the Update 72 alpha phase, and with all limbs (mostly) intact as well!
It’s a long devlog today, so I’m not going to go over everything that was in the video again in text here. Just wanted to cover a couple quick things I forgot to fully cover.
I have finally relented and gotten a twin-stick style of locomotion working (took some nasty refactoring), though please try to remember there is nothing I can do about the fact that using this mode on Vive/Rift means that you cannot access weapon/object function using that touchpad/joystick while also using it for movement. So in this way, implementing it for all platforms is a bit of a… ‘you asked for this, and I gave it to you, even though I don’t think you’re going to want it’. It does however work unquestionably great on the controller types with multiple 2-axis inputs per controller.
Anyone out there with Index Controllers should give the game a shot with them now! (though I haven’t tested it with EV3s, so I don’t know how well/if it will perform with the older prototypes).
Lastly, as I mentioned, if you are on Rift, and run into Haptics issues, please try both the release version of SteamVR and the beta, and tell me which of them works/doesn’t work. I have a line to the folk at Valve working on it, so having data/repro cases to work things out would be excellent!
Anywho, hope you enjoy the update!
Changelog - Update 72
- Added New Firearm: M60 (original pattern) with 100 rnd Belt Box [7.62x51mm]
- Added New Locomotion Mode: TwinStick (left and right hand toggled individually)
- Added New Locomotion Option: Toggling A/X Button Snapturn
- Added New Controller Models for WMR and Index
- Added New Input Mapping for WMR (locomotion uses joytsticks)
- [TNH] Added 4 New Character Loadouts:
- Onsite Procurment Patrice (Knife only, 0-token start)
- Ricky Dicky Random (Totally random item pools)
- Melee Mode Maurice (Starts with Melee weapon and shield)
- Akimbo Pistol Parker (Pistols-only item pools, starts with 2)
- [TNH] Added Scoring System (uniquely generated tables based on char/level/options)
- Haptic system rewritten to support new featuresm and miore nuance/difference added between buzz types
- Input System for HMD and Controller detection rewritten
- Existing Locomotion System Changes
- Reworked Sosig Hearing and Alertness Thresholding Systems
- [TNH] Encryption Target Size Made Less Prominent
- Fixed Broken Bot Melee Damage (they can actually hurt the player again)
- Restored full changing music intensity functionality
- Fixed lighting intensity in Friendly 45 range (restoring it to its original brightness)
- Fixed incorrect projectile data on 7.62x38mmR Nagant cartridge