Version 1.1.9 of Vinyl Reality is now available. This update focuses on improving the functionality of the mixer’s crossfader and channel faders by making them more configurable.
Mixer Fader Settings
A new Mixer Fader Settings panel has been added to the user settings interface. Using this panel, the curves of both the crossfader and channel faders can be adjusted to adapt to different play styles or situations.
For example, scratch DJs often prefer a crossfader with a very sharp curve for performing fast cuts, while radio DJs might prefer a smooth crossfader curve which maintains a constant output volume while fading between two tracks.
Both fader curves are displayed and updated in real-time to visualize the current settings. The curve describes the volume (y-axis) in relation to the fader’s position (x-axis).
Each of the mixer’s channels can now also be assigned to either the left or right side of the crossfader, or set to ignore the crossfader’s position completely.
I’ve also slightly redesigned the Audio Settings panel and replaced the Advanced settings with an Audio Buffer Size setting, which offers users more granular control than previously. This can be useful if the recommended settings still causes a delay between the default and master audio outputs.
For more more in-depth information about these features, be sure to check out the relevant online documentation: https://vinyl-reality.com/wiki/doku.php?id=user_settings
Full Release notes
- Mixer: Added fader and crossfader curve settings
- Mixer: Added crossfader assign settings
- User Settings: Redesigned audio buffer settings to give users more granular control
- User Set- tings: Improved UI lay-out and responsiveness
- SDK: Fixed issue with terrain shaders not being loaded for custom environments
- Bug Fixes: Several minor bug fixes and improvements
- Oculus: Enabled Dash support
- Demo tracks: Added track with Ahh and Fresh scratch samples