The waiting is over, the new update is here, thanks for your patience!
Implementing modding required a lot of changes under the hood, and it took a long time to get all parts of it working.
The Steam workshop is now also enabled for browsing and subscribing to mods.
A sidenote for modders, please take a look at the documentation, there are some changes regarding mod file naming, and a new section about uploading mods to the Steam Workshop.
As usual, please report bugs in the Steam Forums or on the support channel.
I can't wait to see what the community creates!
Have fun playing!
Changes in Build 20190519 24a060:
- Added modding support!
- Fixed a bug where AIs would start as nations already taken by players
- Using two colors for nation borders etc.
- Fixed decreasing a city's population when it's conquered
- Remove flying units when a city is conquered
- Improved rendering
- Stronger highlight for hovered and focused GUI widgets
- Lots of changes and fixes under the hood