Hi Caverns fans!
Update 0.1.10 is focused on reducing the minimum system specifications for the game, optimizing the game on existing systems and fixing bugs which impact playability.
Frame stutter has been reduced by modifying the render pipeline to prevent GPU stalls. This issue was especially apparent when new chunks were loaded. Additionally, a large amount of redundant interpolation has been removed from our deferred lighting system, further improving frame rates.
Finally, we made the VRAM requirements of Caverns more flexible, allowing large performance gains at lower resolutions.
A large number of gameplay issues were fixed with this update. Some highlights are:
- Fixed ores only breaking when a mining tool was equipped
- Prevent catastrophic failure if Sticky Keys are enabled while in fullscreen mode
- Fixed mouse position, Mining, and Placing items when in non-1080p resolutions
- Fixed Treasure chests/Items cannot be clicked when in non-1080p resolutions
- Fixed bug where it was impossible to move window in windowed mode, even while paused.
- Fixed Craft Menu bug where recipe list would reset after every craft. No longer occurs.
For the full list of changes, see 0.1.10 Patch Notes.
Here at Tetravoxel Limited we would like to thank the community for all their suggestions, bug reports, and support. Together we hope to make Caverns: Lost Sky as fun, satisfying and rewarding as possible!
- Team Tetravoxel ( :