We just released out first Early Access hotfix (v.0.5.0a). Other than a bunch of bug and crash fixes, we’ve also made a few changes to the game based on the feedback we have received.
You can find the full patch notes beneath
One of the biggest issues were the Demon Interceptor. We had a lot of reports about the Demon Interceptor being to hard to deal with, especially early game. We’ve done 3 things to make it easier for players to deal with an early game Interceptor:
- We’ve reduced the Demon Interceptors life and damage.
- The multitool (right click) can now scare enemies away while doing a very small amount of damage.
- The Demon Interceptor no longer can spawn before the first Aether Storm in Story Mode (this was how it was intended)
Another issue was the low amount of resources available early game in Story Mode. While this problem is not completely fixed, we’ve made a few changes that should make it easier to acquire the needed resources early game:
- We’ve added a new mine with Copper and Zinc near the Analysis Engine in Story Mode.
- After killing the frogs in the Marsh (tutorial area) they will not respawn, making it easier to drive back to the first two mines to get even more copper and zinc.
We did not have time to include everything we wanted in this hotfix, so we have already started working on the next one which will include even more bug- and crash fixes. Furthermore, we plan to fix the checkpoint/saving/loading issues players have had by adding more options to control your autosaves and manual saves.
As always, you can see what we’re currently working on, on our Roadmap
You can read the full patch now from this hotfix (v.0.5.0a) here:
• The multitool (right click) now does a very small amount of damage when used on enemies. Additionally, continuously damaging enemies will cause the enemy to run away in fear.
• Reduced both the damage output and health points of the Demon Interceptor.
• Added two different indicators appearing over enemies when they are either aggroed or scared.
• Added a copper/zinc mine to the right of the Analysis Engine in Story Mode.
• Changed the frogs in the Marsh area (tutorial) to no longer respawn when killed once.
• Added internal logs to the areas where the game crashes a lot (This should help us fix the crashes when they happen again).
• Fixed a crash occurring if the critter outside the Sand Cave in story mode were loaded and then unloaded before triggering it.
• Fixed a crash occurring when dislodging a damaged piston.
• Fixed a crash occurring when the player would fail to lift a sawblade.
• Fixed a crash occurring when unloading the flux vortex (leaving the temple).
• Fixed a crash occurring when the player would pick up a plumbing from a storage that has been on a contraption that had switched instances once.
• Fixed a crash that would sometime occur when loading sand pillars in the sand cave.
• Fixed a crash occurring when the game would print to many internal logs.
• Fixed a bug where it was possible to complete the “weaponize your vehicle” quest in the tutorial (Marsh) without placing the cable correct, resulting in the player getting stuck in the tutorial.
• Fixed a bug occurring where the checkpoint folder was not cleared when restoring your vehicle in story mode with hologram John, resulting in contraptions not being removed from any cave instances.
• Fixed a bug where you couldn’t swap resources between storages and the inventory if they were in the same number slot.
• Fixed a bug where swapping blueprints between the inventory and storages would cause unintentional behavior.
• Fixed a bug where the middle slot in a storage would have the hover texture on it when opened.
• Fixed the interceptors behavior so it no longer runs back and forth in certain situations.
• Fixed a bug causing parts/blocks to duplicate when unloading a tile, then loading it again and then changing instance.
• Fixed a bug where the chilled tortious would cancel his attack if he were hit during his attack.
• Fixed a bug causing the Demon Interceptor to spawn before the Aether Storm in Story Mode.