Hi everyone! The patch notes for the version v0.6.03b8 are here! This update brings an important feature to the game: decorations with passive buffs!
As we said before in our community, we’ve always loved the idea of letting players decorate their space-homes. When we gave up on the coziness bar, though, we felt like decorating for aesthetic customization alone was not enough to encourage players to buy decorations.
To fix that, decorations will now grant passive buffs, whether globally or in a certain area, affecting the player or the environment.
The buffs are the following:
Bookshelf: makes appliances (that require energy) more efficient. Generally speaking, the time they require to clean, cook, process or recharge is greatly reduced. At the time of this patch, the amount of reduction is at 50%.
Lamp: Aliens are slowed when affected by its light. This debuff to aliens is applied in the entire room, reducing their speed by 50%.
Nightstand: makes armchairs, sofas and beds in that room decrease player’s fatigue 50% faster.
Plant: slowly reduces the fatigue of the players in the room over time. In this particular version, it restores 5 per second.
Portraits: eating in the room satiate the player 25% more and also satiate friends in the same room for 40% of the base value of the food ingested.
Rug: creates a safe area over the rug that is invulnerable to dirt. The floor still needs to be clean by the time you assemble the rug, though.
TV: adds a 60% discount to a random item at the shop. This discount is applied to one item for every TV in the ship and two televisions won’t ever choose the same item to apply the discount on. The chosen items will be randomized again every 60 seconds.
LOCALIZATION SHEET IS NOW AVAILABLE
Localization sheet is now available for everyone who wants to create new languages. English (standard), Portuguese, German, French and Creole are available thanks to the community. Chinese and Russian are available only with the Google Translator version and we will soon have some people checking if it makes any sense soon.
If you want to help the community with a new language, you can join our discussions at our Discord server. We have a channel called #oos-localization for announcements, suggestions and chat around this feature.
[h1]CHANGES AND ENHANCEMENTS:
VFX for when the aliens prepare to get inside a workstation and for the fruits becoming dirt after becoming rotten were changed.
Enhanced animation for sitting (and sleeping) on armchairs. The character sits faster and has a proper resting animation over the furniture piece.
The doors were changed (even more) so that the animations for opening them won’t teleport the layer to the dirt and the character’s change of position will look smoother.
- Maximum number of aliens per room (1 to 4 players) reduced from 4/6/8/10 to 4/5/6/6;
- Starting dirty floor cells to trash bags ratio increased from 15 to 20, meaning that less trash bags will be generated at the start;
- Refrigerator item slots increased from 6 to 8;
- Timer until the first alien spawn (1 to 4 players) increased from 30/15/10/0 to 30/15/10/10;
- Alien spawn cooldown (1 to 4 players) increased from 80/30/20/10 to 80/30/20/20;
- Numbers of eggs upon game start (1 to 4 players) reduced from -1/0/1/2 to -1/0/1/1, with -1 meaning it will wait one cycle before increasing the number over time;
- Time aliens spend hiding under appliances (1 to 4 players) reduced 25/30/35/40 > 20/20/20/20.
- Portrait’s price increased from 15 to 20;
- Bucket’s price reduced from 45 to 40;
- Rug’s price reduced from 30 to 25.
- Pumpkin’s value increased from 5 to 8;
- Trash Bag’s value increased from: 4 to 6;
- Salad’s value increased from 8 to 11;
- Chicken’s value increased from 8 to 13.
Shop’s portrait icons for the items have been improved to be more coherent.
Shopping UI reworked to better fit the new needs of the decorations. The description is now closer to the focus of the players while shopping. This feature is still a work in progress, even though it is fully functional.
- Names for item boxes and cocooned player’s interface are no longer invisible.
- Bookshelf only builds on walls again. The floating bookshelf is no longer a thing.
- Inactive rooms now have their appliances and their doors get dirt, so that they are still a threat to players even with the aliens on standby state.