Hey there! Sorry we weren't in touch lately.
The team is working relentlessly on making the core of the game even more enjoyable (more on that in later announcements) and adding more content.
And to keep they players happy in the meantime, we've decided to run a series of event.
First up is the Mimic Day, and here's how it works:
- All zombies look like humans
- First zombie (patient zero) is a mimic that can explode
- Regular zombies look like humans but can't explode, instead they hit like normally
- Upon hitting 100% on your zombie meter you can respawn as an exploding mimic
You can't trust anyone, especially in the early game, when humans don't have weapons. Should be fun!
The event starts right now and will last until Sunday, 19:00 CEST/13:00 EST/10:00 PST
Don't forget to restart your Steam client if you didn't receive the update automatically!
Apart from that, we have a pretty big update today, with various fixes and improvements. Here are the full patch notes:
- Overhauled weapon sounds
- Added tags for armored humans
- Match start timer is set to 1 minute
- Fixed falling though walls while in the water
- Fixes to weapon animations
- Changed unarmed sliding animation (work in progress)
- Increased shotgun damage
- Added ladders for zombies to every tall building on the map
- Added protection for zombie spawns
- Fixed spawns that were floating in the air
- Zombie nests can't be shot though
- Optimized surrounding models
- Optimized lighting in the buildings
- Fixed the flickering lighting of Station C
- Fixed the graphical bug with black squares
- [Map] Changes to the underwater city
- [Map] The factory next to Station A is removed for a rework
- [Map] Removed the invisible box inside Station A
Talk to you next week!