1.0 Is live! And with it are a few new features for you guys! Work together to open the armoury and find a cache of weapons to use to survive, or deceive. Two new ranged weapons have also been added, a crossbow and a tranquilizer gun. Poison the crossbow to apply the poisonous effects, or use the tranquilizer gun to slow the enemy down and stop their ability to speak to other players for a short time. Check below for some more details!
Has a high chance of spawning ranged weapons inside
Only 1 per map!
Very quiet ranged weapon
Can be poisoned at the crafting station using the poison item
Very quiet ranged weapon, does very little damage
Will slow the player when hit
Will stop the players ability to use proximity chat, text chat or radio chat when hit
3 new maps to explore
New places to sabotage
And of course, bug fixes!:
- Fixed issue with pickup prompts for items not appearing from destroyed resource nodes in certain circumstances
- Dead players will no longer disappear from the exile menu, and can still be voted for (their votes for other players will be removed, however)
- Fixed a bug where players would get stuck in the interactive lobby snowball fight
- Players outside of the interactive lobby should not see snowball impacts
- Fixed aiming near submarine bridge
- Polish for blizzard visuals in yellow flag views
- Fixed the druid fires
- Updates to settings/control mapping
- Updates to fonts and localization
- Fixed issue with a controller conflict with cycling ghost abilities and opening the stats screen
- Added tab key indicator to all contextual interactions that can be cycled, not just active ones
- Fixed player ragdolls bouncing in certain cases
- Adjusted UI on inventory for controller scrolling
- Optimizations to reduce network traffic
- New Steam items added
- Bug fixes for announcement system
- Nvidia Highlights disabled to address crashing issues
- Reveal Health traitor ability disabled for now (not working correctly)
- Voice chat proximity range reduced slightly
- General improvements for animal AI
- Multiple attack animals can now be spawned from surprise bunkers
- Updated surprise bunker prefabs to create smoother jump path
- Animals will now lose interest in players after a few seconds if the player enters an area inaccessible to the animal
- Tightened hit box on wolves
- Fixed an issue where wolves could be led up a set of stairs, breaking their pathing
- Bear will roar instead of stand to indicate you are getting close
- Fix issue with loading failures
- Fix issue where players could use the report system to report themselves
- Invite button should activate when players leave a lobby, not just when they join a partially full one
- Smoke bomb activation should cancel when entering a safe zone
- Melee attacks have an increased hit radius
- Axes are positioned differently to hit closer to the player
- Fixed issues with some achievements not tracking correctly
- Fixed an issue with the camera zoom when player dies during a blizzard
- General UI improvements
- Fixed an issue where the cabin map wouldn’t always update when the 2nd objective beacon was activated
- Player proximity voice chat names on HUD will now update when swapping clothes with another player
- Audio updates (new sounds added, some existing sounds fixed)
- Added music to the game that gets more intense as things happen
Thanks to everyone who has supported us up to this point, and to all new players… welcome! The game is what it is today due to the support and feedback of the players. All Early Access players will have their two exclusive EA Items rewarded to them today, you can find them in your hat and backpack inventories in game. We hope you enjoy the latest update!
So what is 1.0?
1.0 is the team finishing all the features we originally wanted in Project Winter + some valuable feedback from the community.
What is next?
We are not stopping at 1.0! We will be slowing down our content release schedule to monthly releases, rather than every two weeks as we have been previously. This will give us a bit more breathing room and make sure we release polished features. We will still be releasing bug fixing builds as needed, these will not necessarily be on a schedule depending on the severity of the issues seen.
Next content build will be scheduled for June 20th and we aim to include a lot of quality of life improvements on existing systems, all dependant on time, these features may include:
- Quick match button
- Stats / Profile Page
- Social Rating
- Iterate on repair objectives to make more interesting
- Living ragdolls
- Trap disarm item
As always, we look forward to your feedback and you can find us and other community members on our Discord (www.discord.gg/projectwinter)! Drop in and have a chat.