Fellow Kriegsmarine Crewmembers,
we're happy to announce that update B120 is already available for everyone after an intense testing period. Thanks to everyone who helped us tweak it and made some important fixes - your support is greatly appreciated!
Here's what you can expect after downloading our new patch:
- Added bug reporting tool accessed by pressing F11.
- Lowered memory usage when the game state is being saved.
- Decreased lag when ships are spawned in the scene.
- Starting a new game was partially keeping research from the previous session.
- Blood pools from the previous session could stay in the scene after loading a game state.
- Ships could stop after loading a game state if they were in the middle of certain AI behaviors.
- A few sound effects were stopping to be handled correctly after loading a game state.
- Carry item orders were often ended prematurely if more than one person was working on it.
- U-boats operate on Atlantic in smaller numbers.
- Save system fixes.
- Hydrophone was working on the sea surface and had doubled range since B119 (this problem may persist in saved game state files).
- Flames on a few types of NPC ship decks weren't properly restored after loading a game state.
- Flag masts are now functioning correctly on Turm II and Turm IV.
- Discipline level could become corrupted if the whole crew was moved off the board.
- Improved performance in Axis ports.
- Game could become permanently paused after loading some game states.
- Hydrophone upgrades were working incorrectly.
- Port characters could be moved to player's ship due to an error.
- Right clicking on UI while the camera is in TPP view no longer releases the character from the station.
- Periscope's lock target is automatically cleared when the target is no longer seen.
- It's no longer possible to lock periscope on a port, aircraft, torpedo, mine or anti-submarine net.
- Map shortcut ("M") no longer can be used in the headquarters screen.
- Notifications no longer can be clicked when their effects would cause issues in the current state of the game (dialogues, HQ screen, etc.).
- Button for accepting rewards at HQ could become not interactable after certain steps were taken.
- Ammunition Production I rewards are no longer displayed with unreadable green color.
- Warehouses now have 20 torpedo slots instead of 12.
- Correct flags in Portsmouth.
- Discipline penalty applied by hunger was incorrectly displayed with green font.
- Food wasn't automatically replenished in the kitchen if food ran out in the storage and later was resupplied from the warehouse.
- Hunger notification wasn't restored after loading a game state.
- Turm IV gun projectiles weren't shot forward in the direction pointed by the crosshair in manual mode.
- Audio system fixes.
- Game states saved while time compression was enabled were loading in a partially incorrect state.
- Work stations in Battery Room no. 2 had too strict flooding intolerance levels.
- Character could become stuck and would no longer move in random cases.
- Fixed problem with "Saving..." notification remaining indefinitely on the screen.
- Game notifies player if saving game state was unsuccessful for some reason (running out of free space on HDD or game error).
- U-boats docked in ports were too easily moved by the waves and often ended up beached.
- Food consumption is no longer affected by time skipped by gameplay means or cheats.
- Sink ship missions could target ships stationing in ports.
- U-boat section view lighting fixes/improvements.
- Torpedoes were sometimes fired at a different target than expected by the player.
- Fixed few errors logged into reported logs.
- In-game console could, in some cases, use all available memory and freeze the game.
- Logger optimizations.
- Discovery of port/ship components (like AA guns) is now triggered in a more user-friendly way.
- It was possible to discover port/ship components with the opposite side of the periscope.
- After following a few steps map would be no longer possible to open.
- Fixes to a few errors that could loop and decrease performance.
- Ships could be launched into the sky after loading a game state.
- Cursor was missing on the defeat screen if the player was in FPP view.
- Carry item orders were usually failing, if there were a few copies of the item in the source storage.
- Fixed inappropriate behavior in the kitchen.
- Fix for entering land areas in the middle of the Atlantic.
- Improvements of contact precision could throw player back to travel mode.
- Decreased alarm discipline penalty.
- Sailors assigned to the officer could open storage instead of him if he drunk coffee before arriving at the storage.
As always, please leave any feedback you may have in the separate forum thread for patch B120: link
We are reading through all your comments and reviews and we're happy that we are getting so much support. We're going back to work on further improvements so stay tuned for more!
Deep Water Studio