It is great to see how much fun everyone is having when playing Winkeltje! We are humbled by your responses, but we are also hearing the issues raised. Be assured that we are working on them.
This update is the first half of a push to add some more items to your specialized shops to help that experience feel more complete. Expect to see more items next update.
Next to this, there have been requests for new storage options, ways to keep customers out of certain rooms or a way to easily see the value of an item. These have now all been added to the game!
Of course, that is not everything. Bug fixes, new events, objectives and improved controller support are also in today's notes. Check them out in their entirety below!
Let us know what you think in the comments or join the Discord (https://discord.gg/ZSMEenk) where you can talk to us or the rest of the community and see every change that is being made to the game live.
- Community Request: Item Info. This window appears when selecting or hovering an item and gives useful information about the values of the item.
- Community Request: New pallets. The Long Pallet is for fitting into tight spaces and the Huge Pallet for efficient endgame storing of goods.
- 2 new farming plants: Wheat (for grain) and Blueberry Plants (for Blueberries.)
- Community Request: 5 new cooking items (Jam, Porridge, Quiche, Roast and Blueberry Pie.)
- Community Request: Door locking. You can now prevent customers from using a door by clicking the door at night to lock it for customers. You can still use it but customers will not be able to walk through.
- New farming and cooking objectives to unlock the new items.
- Additional particle and sound effects to all pallet types.
- 5 new annual events, and 2 new random ones, have been added to the game! Prepare for the Chef Cook-off by cooking meals for the hungry fans, save up for the dreaded Plague, make a pile of cash by selling swords during the Tournament, and more!
- Community Request: Lowered the cost of shop upgrades.
- Increased the amount of appeal needed per level, especially for the later levels.
- Removed the lowered capacity from storage on Hard mode, and replaced it with higher furniture pricing.
- Added a pop-up to inform the player when an event starts.
- Item modifiers are now always based on the base value instead of its context sensitive values.
- Community Request: You can now choose to pay your debt when opening the shop instead of at the end of the day.
- Fixed an issue where over a dozen objectives would not start correctly, these should start on game load.
- Shop Builder cost indicator would sometimes show the previously paid cost when changing walls/floors.
- Buying tiles in creative mode would still cost money, they're free once again.
- Price calculations should be more precise now since it doesn't round up/down anymore during the calculations.
- Values were rounded incorrectly after being affected by events.
- Upgrade max appeal reminder should no longer show when at maximum appeal.
- Fixed an issue where the event pop-up would not spawn for annual events.
- Planter soil should no longer highlight or stay highlighted after interacting with it.
- Fixed an error when Overview > Events is empty.
- Fixed issues with the Bandits, War, Autumn, Recession, Spring, Summer and Economic Boom events where they would not always affect the intended resource categories.
- Fixed an issue where an event would incorrectly set the value modifiers.
- Door would not open when the debt objective was not found in some cases.
- Player move direction and speed were not reset after handling furniture.
- Planters (all slots) have had their sizes tweaked so they would stop bullying the snapping system.
- Using dpad to select furniture should no longer work with a crafting menu open.
- You can now not close the shop while a delivery is in progress or while Lucas is still inside your shop.
- Fixed an issue where the in-game UI would occasionally show in the main menu.
- Fixed an issue where crafting costs would not scale properly on Hard mode.
- Customers should no longer slow down when walking around objects.
- Customers should no longer slowly rotate when walking around objects.
- Camera zooming should now only work if the cursor is within the game view.