Prepare yourself for your trip back to Earth, and let this update make your journey even more challenging than before. Check out the gameplay video below to see the awesome new sectors and features that this update brings!
The update also includes:
- A new ship: be the commander of the brand-new Warpshell ship.
- Exotic new species: battle the new hostile species Spideraa and witness a completely new ending to the game.
- Enhanced crew skills: improve your crew’s skills with the warp-drive operation skill, the bridge operating skill, the research skill, the firefighting skill and the shield operation skill.
- Visual updates to certain space stations.
- UI/UX improvements and significant bug fixes.
This new update is important not only because it introduces two fresh sectors and the Spideraa faction, but also because of changes to economy mechanics and related UI/UX improvements. The introduction of long-awaited skills and a new spaceship (it's partially made of cloned warp animal tissue!) will increase the range of strategies one can adopt to maximize one’s survival chances.
We hope you love it as much as we do. And we will of course keep expanding all of it!
Join the Shortest Trip to Earth community!
- Sector 7 & 8 now implemented
- New playable ship (the Warpshell)
- New main menu backgrounds
- New game ending
- New shop types (Insectoid merchandise)
- New or modified visuals for some stations
- New crew skill: research (generates extra xenodata during research operations)
- Split "operating" skill into three separate skills: Bridge, Shield, Warpdrive
- New crew skill: bridge (gives +1% ship evasion per skill point)
- New crew skill: shield (boosts shield recharge speed)
- New crew skill: warpdrive (boosts warpdrive recharge speed)
- Minor new skill: firefighting (it increases firefighting effectivity and will be the same for most of the crew)
- New feature: fires can now damage ship HP
- New feature: module power on/off settings are now saved together with crew positions
- New species in the game world: the Spideraa
UI & UX
- Updated Crew info panel
- Updated Module info panel
- Storage panel & Weapon quick selection & ship info panels are draggable now
- New main UI panel: Economy (includes consumption, production, research)
- New sector map close/toggle buttons
- Log panel can now have a toggle to expand/shrink it. Fixed minor log scrolling issue.
- Earth outpost now shows in quest panel how many metals are still needed
- Crew move position and module power are now visualized when load preset button is hovered
- Weapon modules now have Accuracy number, and crew Gunnery skill is added to it
- Point defence cover radius now shown in UI
- Multiple crew window now has a gentle animation reminding that skill sorting is possible
Balance & Misc updates
- Tigerfish now has more evasion, Nukerunner has 4 weapon slots, Pumpkin Hammer has better starting weapons
- Sector 3 has 9 starsystems instead of 11
- SOS warplife is now a bit less deadly
- Shops now offer a higher price for exotics
- Spideraa shuriken value rebalanced
- Shops buy more organics now
- Starting crew has better organics skill now
- Fierce Sincerity stars with cryodream recorders now
- Point defence reload time updated to use gunnery skill
- Material convertors do not need operators any more
- Rebalanced all passive ECMs (electronic counter measures systems)
- Menu panel SFX and UI sliders now make sound when changed
- Updated help pages
- Crew resource consumptions should not have commas any more
- Hunger now causes crew skill to always drop to 1 skill point.
- Accuracies and evasions are now added together, not multiplied
- Sector view warp now shows properly calculated seconds
- Updated hovers and engine module now show resource consumption per 100ru (was per 1ru)
- Player crew in tutorial is now immortal (won't lose last HP)
- Sector map is now force to close whenever certain windows are opened.
- Shop repair arm speed now 25% faster
- Better shields are now a bit more expensive
- Selected module stats in shop (that had same stat with same value) should now be displayed properly
- Fixed pet perk for Fierce Sincerity
- Game load fix that helps to recover from being stuck at sector 5 now works again
- Enemy escape attempt commtip is now removed from queue when there are no more enemy ships in scene
- Fixed an issue that empty module slots in player ship prevented getting modules/nukes from perks
- Saving during item unlock panel is safer now (it had a game breaking main quest lockup in one specific situation)
- Quick layering fix to kind-of solve the commchannel covering storage panel issue in minimum resolution.
- Projectiles and nukes are now properly saved and loaded. Improved outside-ship crew saving
- Starmap texts are now saved and loaded properly
- Now whether the player was in internal view or not is part of savegame
- Fix for player ship (sometimes) losing its navmesh walls
- Numerous typos fixed
- SOS events couldn't resume their FSM state when game was loaded. Now fixed. (it caused shop to appear during battle with SOS fleet)
- Fixed a typo that caused ships destroyed to show a totally wrong number in sector summary
- Restored player control over camera
- Container modules are now emptied when they are packed (resources won't temporarily disappear and cause warnings when moving modules)
- When crew finishes repair successfully, they now display the right speech bubble