And we're off! Not looking to waste any time, I prepared a handful of fixes and tweaks to improve the launch experience for everyone, and hopefully alleviate any fps issues that users running on low-end machines may encounter.
- Radiant Blast now restores 20% torch level
- Saving of weapon surfaces added. (Blood, slime, etc. persists across play sessions)
- Storage inventories are now loaded when opened, and auto-saved when closed.
The player inventory is also saved in conjunction, but only outside of dungeons.
- Tweaked some code to prevent various item duplication methods
- Made weapon hitboxes more consistent
- Small slimes jump from further away
- Firebolts now collide with the ground outside
- Sound added for Firebolt impact
- XP orbs create some light
- Applying a status effect now creates a floating text indicator
- Armor sets may now come with different colored pants (very important!)
- Attacking is prevented after UI interactions until LMB is released
- Toned down the surface rain effect, needs further optimizing
- The 'Continue' menu button is now greyed out if no save exists
Note that any existing save files may not be compatible with newer versions