(Original Post: http://forums.fredaikis.com/index.php?/topic/7829-patch-10-hotfix-1/)
After all the feedback we have received the past half a day from the community and first players of the game we have finished an initial hotfix with some fixes and improvements. We are still monitoring further feedback and we expect to roll out more of these smaller patches in the upcoming period to make sure the game runs as smoothly as possible for you all without any major issues.
Now, let's jump into further details.
The global inventory capacity has now been changed to 600 instead of 300. We have also made further adjustments to some of the items taking up too much slots but you can read more about those changes under the "Items" section of the patch notes.
- The global inventory slots amount has now been changed to 100 instead of 50. We are considering making the global inventory global and not unique per server in the near future. This would mean players have the same global inventory in each official server. Stay tuned for this.
- Changing languages in-game no longer requires a full game restart.
- Added the server name to the in-game menu UI on the bottom left part of the menu. This allows players to see the server they are in.
- Added a health percentage number to the UI.
- Fixed a bug related to switching language where it would not always actually switch language.
- Fixed a bug causing servers to dissapear from the server list after some hours.
Fixed some major server stability issues. We are monitoring the servers closely to aim for no further issues. (hopefully)
- Fixed an issue causing the game to potentially freeze when starting up.
The Landsunk: Residential capture point no longer spawns a buggy (vehicle) when capturing. We have changed this to a weapon spawn for now when capturing. The buggy will be worked on and added back as soon as all the issues are fixed.
- Fixed a bug related to the flashlight sound where, when the turn on / off sound was playing it could be heared across the whole server.
- Fixed a bug related to the push to talk icon not always showing. When talking in-game now the icon should properly show.
- Improved the melee hit box radius detection to improve the melee fighting with Nether. This is still something we are monitoring.
FIXES & CHANGES
Arachnid Eggs now take up 1 global inventory slot instead of 2.
- Bandages now take up 1 global inventory slot instead of 5.
- Pain Pills now take up 2 global inventory slot instead of 5.
- First Aid Kits now take up 5 global inventory slot instead 10.
- Rations now take 5 global inventory slot instead of 10.
- The rest of the food consumables now each take 1 global inventory slot instead of 5.
- Updated the item description of the glider. The description now explains better how this item works.
To craft an SVD you now need a 7.62 barrel instead of a .45 barrel.
Updated some render distances for some objects that was giving players an advantage. (they could look through certain objects and stuff)
- Updated some render distances for some smaller objects including windows. (to prevent them unloading too early)
- Fixed some flying concrete parts in the Lakeside safe zone.
- Fixed some flying objects next to the Lakeside safe zone.
- Fixed some stairs next to the Lakeside safe zone. These stairs ended up in a dead end. (roof)
- Fixed a building that was missing collision allowing players to walk through. This building was in the Litchfield area.
- Fixed the metro entrances at Bridgeport where there was an invisible wall blocking players.
- Fixed an ambulance loot spawn next to the Bennett Park where were was not always loot spawning when opening the crate.
- Added missing grass around the Maple Street beach area.
- Added missing grass next to the Riverside outpost.
- Overall lowered the amount of golden crate spawns. We will closely watch further community feedback from here and keep working on this.
As this is the first time we are opening up the servers for a wide audience there's always a risk of issues and we kindly ask for your patience in case of any unexpected events. Especially given the fact that we pushed the release date to TONIGHT instead of in 1 week.
Want to help us out? Have any feedback? Want to share some ideas for the game? Here's what to do:
We highly recommend to join us on our forums at http://forums.fredaikis.com/. Just create an account (scroll a bit down on the home page) and you'll find the Nether: The Untold Chapter section. There is all the room for you to create threads about your ideas or to report any issues. You could also share them through social media however it's best for us if you'd use the forums for this.
Have a major issue? Have something really important to tell us? Here's what to do:
The best and fastest way to get in contact with us is through support. You can do that in 3 ways:
- Join the Nether: The Untold Chapter Official Discord and PM the bot (see it on the right) called: "Nether Support". - We'll be in contact there.
- Go to http://support.fredaikis.com/ and create a support ticket under the "Nether: The Untold Chapter" section.
- You could also send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For now, we wish us all, players and developers, a great release. Hope to see you all in the game soon!
Note 1: Patch notes might be changed if we need to fix or add something.
Patch ETA: update will roll out any time from now.
Patch type: client & server update.
Estimated downtime: just a server restart needed. Client will need to be updated.
Once again thank you for your great support! Want to support us even more? Make sure to share these patch notes with your friends and followers!
For any feedback about the game or this patch please let us know in the comments or link us on social media!
To stay updated regarding the game please follow us on our social media: