The SteamVR Beta has been updated with the following changes.
If you encounter issues with this update, please post in the SteamVR Bug Report forum. If possible, please include a system report to aid in tracking down your issue.
- Fix for incorrectly overriding map sorting choice in user config.
- Fix for overriding controllers when connecting Index controllers with a Vive HMD and vice-versa.
- One-time forcing of outfits to articulated hands for Index controllers.
- Added tutorial and welcome panels for Index controllers.
- Added setting to allow bindings in legacy apps to appear to the application as a Touch or Vive controller. This helps with rebinding in many cases. For instance, if a game’s Touch input scheme is a better fit for a controller than its Vive Controller input scheme.
- Removed the application’s icon from all the entries on the binding list screen to leave space for more important (and less redundant) information.
- Fixed issue with app icons not always updating in app or binding lists.
- Fixed issues with the pairing UI.
Index Controller Firmware:
- Further tweaked thumbstick deadzone calculation.