Hello everyone, I hope you're doing fine.
Slipstream's 1 year release anniversary is coming soon and I wanted to update a few things before then. Here's version 1.1.9.
The biggest change is the addition of a new control option: Automatic Drifting. It's similar to the 'simplified controls' that were already available on the multiplayer mode, but now it's a lot more intuitive and responsive. It's also available on all modes, single and multiplayer. That's probably the biggest quality of life update this game has ever had, and I hope it improves the experience for people who didn't like the drifting controls. For those who did like them, manual drifting is still the default option and works the same way it has always been.
- difficulty has been adjusted across various modes, most notably cannonball and battle royale
- the game camera is now a little closer to the ground than it used to be
- the visibility in Mystic Cave was increased. I went too hard on that track, sorry.
- signs indicating curves have been added to a few tracks (neon city, mystic cave)
- assorted bug fixes, collision changes, all the usual stuff
The game will be on sale on its anniversary week, so if you have friends who might be interested in Slipstream, let them know.
That's all for today. Thanks for playing, I hope you enjoy the game. Any problems, send me an email at support [at] ansdor [dot] com.