Quaaack! We are super excited and thrilled today - can’t believe that after almost 3 and half years of development of Blazing Beaks this is happening today. ːsteamhappyː No more days of looking at calendars and waiting - Blazing Beaks exits Early Access and v1.0 together with an awesome update is now available to everyone!
First of all, we want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who played the game, gave us cool ideas, suggestions, spread a word about the game and helped to make Blazing Beaks a better game. Knowing that you enjoy the game, seeing those incredible runs on the internet, funny reactions, personal records was a huge motivation to keep developing the game. Your support has been amazing and we always felt that you got our backs!
Gift for Early Access players
As a thank you we gifted DLC of Blazing Beaks OST for all Early Access purchasers for free.
Blazing Beaks full release comes with an awesome Update 28. One and the most anticipated part in the Story mode was missing, but now we added it - the game has an ending.
We also updated Blazing Beaks Characters Editor and added all the weapons that are currently in the game to it. Editor is included in Blazing Beaks package and you can find in under Tools section in your Steam Library. As usually, you can also download it from our website: https://blazingbeaks.com/mods/
We plan to improve Blazing Beaks Editor and the whole modding system in the future based on some suggestions that we’ve got.
Also we updated https://blazingbeaks.com website and now it has daily run leaderboard. We will keep updating it so that it would have more functionality.
More detailed update patch notes:
- Added new area.
- Added 4 new enemies.
- Added 1 new boss for new area.
- Added 4 new weapons.
- Added 27 hand-crafted levels.
- Added new music track for new area.
- Added new music track for final boss fight.
- Added new music track for credits part.
- Added Steam Achievements.
- Added Steam Trading Cards.
- Changed some sounds to the new ones.
- Adjusted some existing sounds.
- Adjusted some existing locked levels.
- Balanced some weapon prices in the shop.
- Fixed a bug where “Reset save” didn’t reset some statistics.
- Fixed a bug where unlock screen wasn’t showed in Daily runs if you unlocked something.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Shadow artefact was unlocked earlier, because of incorrectly counting obtained weapons.
- Fixed a bug where obtained weapons count was wrongly represented by default.
28 updates later…
During Early Access period, we made 28 updates. It’s funny to remember that the very first game version did not even have an inventory window, had very few items and artefacts and players still loved and enjoyed the game. We are really happy when we look back of what has been done throughout Early Access.
Here’s what has been done in 28 updates:
- Added Daily Runs feature - all players can compete with each other in newly generated run everyday;
- Added Seeded Runs feature - players can play the same generated run over and over again;
- Added game difficulty setting - Easy, Normal, Hard;
- Added aim assist feature;
- Added 70 new items and artefacts;
- Added 32 new weapons;
- Added 3 new characters.
- Added 3 new areas;
- Added 15 new enemies;
- Added 3 new bosses;
- Added 139 hand-crafted levels;
- Added 8 active abilities;
- Added achievements;
- Added trading cards;
- Balanced and optimized game a lot, improved gameplay and user experience;
- Added tutorial;
- Reworked all 5 initial characters;
- Added machines for trading resources;
- Added secret levels;
- Reworked how game handles frame rate. Now it supports dynamic frame rate.
- Added ability to steal a weapon from the shop;
- Added inventory window on pause screen;
- Added collectables, statistics and progress system to the game;
- Additionally added support for other X-Input controllers, PS4 and other regular ones.
- With the help of our community we added Russian, German, Turkish, Brazilian-Portuguese and Polish languages in the game.
- Added character mods support, Steam Workshop and made Blazing Beaks Character Editor to help with modding.
- Added an option to bind keyboard keys;
It’s no doubt that we will support the game after full release. If any urgent fixes are needed we will try to push updates as soon as possible. On the other hand, we will focus on bigger content updates, but that means that they will come out not as quickly. We already have some plans for upcoming content. Feel free to suggest your ideas. We will try to prioritize the things that players want the most.
Thank you once again for all the support. We hope that Blazing Beaks game will remain quacking for a long years to come and will keep players happy. Enjoy playing it!
Blazing Beaks Team