A new weekly update is live! The last 2 updates weren’t as large as the prior ones – that's because we were working hard on numerous epic features. The first of them has just been soft-launched with today update: player-spawned siege engines! From now on, both the attackers and defenders can deploy catapults and battering rams in the area of frontline locations. We plan to expand this system by the next week, so we will be able to introduce the siege system fully on nation-controlled flags. Time for the battles to get even more intense!
But that's not all - you can expect more exciting changes to come within the next 3-4 updates! Check out our recent Work In Progress insight to see what’s coming in the very next few weeks!
See you in battle!
Sieges & User Experience:
– Soft-launched spawning the catapults and battering rams by players; they can be spawned in the frontline locations (all forts and castles, except for temples and guild provinces as for now) by both attackers and defenders by talking to the Siege Engines Keeper, who can be found in siege camps and inside the nation-controlled castles and forts, purchasing them for Siege Points gained for remaining in the area of a frontline location; we plan to expand this system next week, so we will be able to introduce the siege system fully for the nation-controlled flags
– Added Siege Engines Keeper NPC with a dialog explaining the siege engines spawning mechanics
– Introduced the Upcoming Events window which lists the available world events, describing their lore background and how to start them – this change was done to increase awareness of the available content
– From now on, each new character starts in 15 free crafting levels, which can be freely distributed between all available crafting professions during the character creation, and expanded the list of recipes known from the start by characters of various archetypes with tier 2 recipes in order to let the newcomers interested in crafting progress more smoothly, without grinding recipes giving products equal to or worse than the starting equipment
– Moved giants near Hordun Temple to a further place to prevent exploiting them using the Hordun Temple’s guards
– Increased HP of hippos to improve balance in “The Abandoned Route” world event
– Updated some of the linen shirt models
– Added another complete skin set which fits the Hamrammir’s Heavy Helm (skin for the Ismirean Black Gaurd’s Heavy Armour) – you can purchase all parts of the set separately or the whole set with a discount
– Fixed an issue causing that a player could receive the Traitor status during the Valley of Death tournament
– Fixed an issue allowing to shoot players with a bow through stairs inside the stone keep in player-controlled locations
– Fixed an issue causing displaying a doubled notification at the end of a dice game
– Fixed looting hippos
– Fixed Polish translations of long axes