This update introduces two new features, a vehicle selection menu for use during vehicle spawning, and secondly a photo mode. We’ve also added a new motorboat, the Moray which has been added into the Capsa Starter DLC which all owners of (plus all owners of the game when it was sold) will get as a free update. It can also be purchased individually from the item store.
To get the vehicle selection screen, simply walk into a Ground Vehicle or Water Vehicle spawner as before and instead of spawning your chosen vehicle that you’ve set in the character editor, you will instead be presented with a new selection menu screen and can choose easily from there. When a vehicle is spawned you can still change it via the character editor as before and it will respawn.
Secondly is the Photo Mode, via pressing the hotkey (P by default) you can artificially freeze your character and parts of the world. In the included menu when in this mode you can adjust your camera, tweak the focus (Bokeh Depth of Field), and adjust environment settings (such as time of day, bloom, lens flares). As Capsa is a multiplayer game this obviously does not freeze the entire game as that’s not practical, what it does is freeze other people's characters and vehicles from your perspective, meaning they are still moving around and doing things, you just don’t see it while everything is paused. If you are driving a vehicle, this vehicle will be paused for everyone, but as a on foot character, this will continue server side (it will stop walking).
A useful part of this is say you are standing on another players party boat and you wish to take a screenshot; the world and your character will freeze in position, but only from your perspective. This means when you exit the photo mode, you are still standing on that boat, wherever it may have travelled to where you are paused and not something silly like throw you off into the water at the position you paused.
Beyond all these changes we've also included fixes to various reported issues found in full notes below. As this is a major update we'll likely be following up with a hotfix or two over coming days to any issues reported.
- Added improvements to the way the time of day updates via manual command, so it can effectically make changes in real time rather than a fraction to a second or so delay.
- Fixed culling of some wooden platforms including docks being a little too close.
- Added vehicle choice menus for both Ground Vehicle and Water Vehicle spawning.
- Added photo mode (activatable via P key via default) that freezes the action and lets you adjust your camera, focus and environment settings to get a better screenshot.
- Added general improvements to the replication of waves.
- Added general improvements to the horse, utilizing some of the back end locomotion improvements previously done to the main character.
- Added speedometer and tachometer, currently only on Moray motorboat for now.
- Fixed an issue relating to boats not moving with waves over network when you are no longer in the boat.
- Fixed an issue with the cat hats when cat is sitting on shoulder of a boat driver.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn’t hear other boat users engine sounds correctly.
- Fixed an issue where title wouldn’t show for passengers under various circumstances.
- Fixed a minor animation issue where the rider doesn’t remain aligned correctly when starting moving on a horse.
- Fixed an issue with swimming animations not handling speed.
- Fixed an issue where camera state was not persisting to main character.
- Fixed an issue where a driver would still be seen in a boat from the perspective of the player who has joined after the owner of the boat has dismounted.
- Added Moray motorboat, this will be added to the Capsa Starter Pack DLC. Users who already own this DLC will receive this vehicle as a free update.
- Added Moray motorboat Bimini kit and Race kit, these will both end up in either the Bimini DLC or Race DLC, and users will also get this as a free update.