The SteamVR Beta has been updated with the following changes.
If you encounter issues with this update, please post in the SteamVR Bug Report forum. If possible, please include a system report to aid in tracking down your issue.
- Enabled Motion Smoothing on AMD gpus. Note, if the runtime detects poor motion estimation hardware performance, it will shut down the system until the next restart of SteamVR. You can check this status under the Video section of the desktop SteamVR settings. This can be caused by video drivers on some hardware (e.g. Vega).
- Automatic Application Resolution scalar is now clamped at 1.5x (was 2.0x) and resulting resolution is now aligned to 4 pixels. Users may still override this value with a custom setting under the Video section of the desktop SteamVR settings or in per-Application settings.
- Removed Calibrate Controller option from non-Vive Controllers. (This trackpad calibration only affects Vive Controllers.)
- Removed the controller context menu completely from non-Lighthouse controllers. Pairing, firmware update, and Identify are only available on Lighthouse devices.
- Fixed joining lobby with workshop map you haven’t downloaded yet.
- Send users to the store instead of the library if they do not own a title.
- Updated Index Controller render models.
- Fixed improper highlighting on avatar entities.
- Show global action set in the binding UI.
- Update action manifest and default bindings to version 1.
- Set most action sets to “single” to enable mirrored binding UI.