We are very excited to bring you the long awaited update 1.13. In the recent poll - our players indicated that better performance is the top priority, and so we got to work... Over the past month we went through the entire game code line by line. Results have surpassed our expectations - but we`ll let you experience it for yourself.
On average the frame-rate should nearly double for majority of players, and large battles should play out smoothly.
This update also includes couple of cool features - like sharing line of sight with your Kingdom and Allies, as well as greatly improved World Map AI, with higher intensity, and introduction of long range expeditions by AI.
And please keep in mind that with update of this magnitude there might be some issues - but we`ll be sure to hot fix anything reported asap.
We are also looking forward to releasing massive update 1.14 later this month - being able to control AI lords both on the world map and in battles is a true game changer.
And so presenting Update 1.13
PERFORMANCE AND OPTIMIZATION
- Major revision of the game code line by line to improve performance
- Major visual performance boost for low end systems - average from 20 FPS to 40 FPS
- Major visual performance boost for mid and high-end systems - average from 45 FPS to 70 FPS
- Major combat performance boost in all situations
- World Map visual performance increased - with FPS nearly doubled
- Resolved major lag issue in large town battles
- Fixed game stopping lag issue during very large battles in all scenarios
- Fixed visual lag when selecting large number of units
- Significant performance boost in all situations across the board
- 20% latency decrease in multiplayer games
- Fixed common lag spikes when playing on the world map
- Animations are smoother, and a little bit slower for better presentation
- Fixed game stopping lag spike when attacking through the gates and other choke-points
MAJOR CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
- World map fog of war is revealed by your Kingdom and Allied nations
- Complete rewrite of the World Map AI
- World Map AI is a lot smarter, plans it`s attacks better, and does more long range expeditions
FIXES AND ADDITIONS
- World map on lowest settings now looks correct without missing trees, rocks and other objects
- Units now look good during cinematics even on lowest model quality settings
- Units now properly line up on walls in large town and other scenarios
- Removed outdated Cant Move Mouse message on the first run of the game
- Tasking multiple rams on a gate now only tasks one of them
- Army strength indicator updates right away after adding or healing units.
- Fixed world map army overlay jumping up and down when moving on the world map
- Unit movement speed, building construction, and economy is nearly 20% faster on lower game speeds
DOWNGRADES AND COMPROMISES
- Reduced number of units in battalions by 15%
- Quality of units on highest settings slightly decreased
- Reduced fog effect and clouds on the world map
- Slight downgrade to the look of the fog effect
- Some effects like fire and smoke are a little bit slower
- Small downgrade to the quality of trees on the world map
- Text on unit GUI portraits doesn`t have a shadow and slightly harder to read