This week's build brings hitchance previews, reworked events and a whole bunch of other improvements.
Newly introduced in this update is the ability to preview hitchances before you move to a new location. If you hold down tab when hovering over a move position you'll be presented with additional information about any visible enemy. You can see their hitchance from that location and other information such as their visibility or whether they are out of weapon range.
Improved Event Distribution
This is a first step towards improving events distribution. We've fixed a couple of bugs that caused events to show up more than once in an adventure by mistake. In general events should now never repeat within one adventure. This update also slightly improves the event distribution in general. This is a first step to help reduce the repetitiveness that can occur when playing. We've got lots more planned to help with this.
Thanks for playing and we hope you enjoy these changes!
Full Changelog for Version 1.0.10:
- Added a new hitchance preview when moving (see above)
- First step towards event distribution overhaul (see above)
- We reworked a number of events that previously had "hidden" perk options. These invisible options were automatically activated if a character on the team had the appropriate skill. Unfortunately this also meant that a lot of players missed out on content due them not being identifiable in any way. We've changed this and the options are now explicit as part of a choice the player can make if the appropriate perk is part of the team. Practically speaking, this means that some events have received new perk options!
- We've reworked the structure of some events to be spread out over fewer pages, effectively reducing the amount of clicks needed. Some events had also their texts shortened where it made sense to do so in order to improve the overall flow.
- Added a confirmation question if the player tries to leave the loot screen without touching any of the loot. It'll also ask for confirmation if the player leaves behind an epic or legendary item.
- New savegame backup system: The game will now automatically create backups at relevant points. This is mainly in place so we can recover saves that may get corrupted when using the preview branch or for some other situations where a bug caused an unfair loss.
- Bellamy can now also be unlocked by purchasing a Disintegrator weapon
- Codex has been updated to include recent changes.
- Time elapsed formatting in adventure stats now shows as hh:mm:ss
- Fixed a bug that caused audio settings to not be properly preserved across game sessions.
- Fixed a grammar mistake in one of Veduti's character comments.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to revisit character rescue missions. They can now be revisited even if you didn't recruit the character right away or decided to not engage in combat previously.
- Fixed some combat arena generators causing enemies to get trapped.
- Fixed a country name on one of he loading screens maps
- Fixed a rare crash that occurred when loading the game after updating to a new version
- Fixed a bunch of wrong gender pronoun uses in event texts
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to move outside of the map bounds
- Fixed a bug that caused the "The Coming War" achievement to not be attainable
- Fixed a bug that allowed people to purchase fuel beyond the jeep's capacity at the merchant
- Fixed a bug that caused the recruit icon to be invisible when on neighbouring location.
- Fixed a bug that caused some event texts to overlap
- Fixed a bug that would allow you to move items into the valuables bag when recruiting people.
- Fixed a bug that caused Sporebearers to not automatically die when the last enemy was killed with a bleed attack.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to open the codex during the enemy's turn even though the button was disabled.