We have a new round of bug fixes this week!
Fixed one save-game corruption bug (VR):
Some VR players were getting their save-game corrupted. This could happen if you selected "restart at nearest station" while on a train. The game could then teleport away from the world and subsequently save this player position. The game could no longer load this position, effectively rendering the save-game corrupt. This is now fixed, and if you were affected, the game will now be able to fix your save-game and spawn you at tutorial depot.
Further NonVR inventory improvements:
You've surely at some point moved selection to an item, while already holding another item. Pressing Tab would then return your selection to original slot. This is now improved so that the game will auto-stash your current item to the first empty slot and automatically equip the newly selected one.
You may have noticed that with some items it's no longer possible to scroll through the inventory, because they use mouse wheel when equipped. This is now possible to override by holding Alt, which forces inventory scrolling.
Mouse-look can now be used in either toggle or hold modes, depending on how long you hold the Alt button pressed. Leaving the mouse-look range will now smoothly blend held item back into position.
These are the highlights for this update, but there are many more small fixes and improvements - make sure to read the full changelog below!
--- Full changelog: ---
- Fixed bug with “restart” button moving player into the sky in VR and corrupting savegame
\ Also prevented loading screen freeze at 71%, for affected players (savegame auto-fix)
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the game from starting on first launch after installation
- Fixed some booklets not being placeable in VR belt
- Fixed an error with VR belt
- Fixed loading screen background image not preserving aspect ratio when resizing window
- Fixed incorrect boxcar normal map export
- Fixed items not giving back scroll wheel focus when destroyed
- Fixed pocket watch alarm sound playing at the player's position even when the watch is somewhere else
- Fixed pocket watch crown and watch hands sometimes being misaligned
- Fixed low initial player position in tutorial
- Alt-scroll now forces inventory scrolling
- Tab now unstashes selected inventory item even when you already hold an item
- Mouse-look can now be toggled with a single key press, or activated when holding the key
- Fixed steam whistle being activated when using locomotive remote horn using keyboard
- Items now animate into place when leaving mouse-look mode
- Improved lighter lid closing interaction with the fire
- Lighter fire can no longer be extinguished by clicking
- Increased the success chance of lighting the lighter
- Fixed map indicator sometimes spinning
- Added “job” suffix to job booklet item name
- Updated DV Guide and Controls NonVR pages with latest info
- Reduced tender hatch spring resistance