It's been one year since the launch of Katie!
And my word, what a ride it has been!
Thank you once again to everyone who played my game! Thanks for the reviews, the emails, the community works, thanks for it all! To celebrate the occasion, I've added a small little new content update for those who have the Gratitude Pack or Extra Cool Edition (due to it requiring the soundtrack files).
Introducing Quiet Mode:
If you've beaten the game and own the soundtrack, a new icon will appear on your menu! This icon will take you to the Saturday night scene, except with no dialogue. By default, the little red speaker will now be playing the soundtrack, but if you drag your own .ogg or .wav files into the new 'Custom Songs' folder, you can now chill out to your own personal playlist!
I hope some of you find use for it, as it's been an idea I've been toying with for awhile, mainly as a sort of virtual de-stresser with no pressure involved. And yes, it works for VR!
Things to note:
- The Custom Songs folder be found in the game's install directory after running it once
- Unfortunately, only .wav and .ogg are supported, due to limitations in the engine. If requested, there's possibility others could be added in the future.
- The Katie OST now contains a folder with all the songs in .ogg format :]
As well as the new content, I've finally gotten around enhancing to the VR movement system and fixing some major bugs! (And hopefully not adding too many new ones)
- The swing no longer changes your size MAJOR FIX (took me long enough)
- VR audio was flipped left to right so I flipped it back. I think it's right this time.
- There was a small weird white plane outside the school? Anyways, it's gone now.
- VR teleportation is now less of a toss-up on where you'll actually end up
- You can now turn by pressing left and right on the thumb-pad of the left-hand!
- You can now point to the menu buttons, instead of physically touching them!
- Teleportation range has been vastly shortened, so you aren't constantly ending up out of bounds across the map. :b
Hope you all are having a great day! Thanks for an awesome year!