as we promised, you have not waited for a new patch for too long! Update B117 is out and it is quite impressive as it deals with many common issues that you've often mentioned in your valuable feedback.
Thank you again for being vocal and active. It helps us make UBOAT better.
What have we changed, you wonder? Here's a changelog:
- Worked around the engine's internal per-frame memory allocation. Probably fixes most crashes that were occurring during gameplay.
- Alarms now persist for longer. The crew doesn't forget about the enemy when they lost him from the sight for a second.
- Quite a big RAM and VRAM optimizations.
- Ships following convoy route were occasionally moving backwards or staying in one place after their allies got hit. This should no longer happen.
- Wreckages weren't spawning at the exact location of the sunk ship.
- F-class destroyers had erroneous rudder settings leading to very odd behavior.
- After loading game state, the budget was incorrectly being displayed as zero.
- Damaging own ship no longer makes player hostile to Germany.
- Discipline was rebalanced: it's being drained more slowly during alarms, food variety no longer provides discipline bonus during alarms, discipline is being reset to a higher value after depletion. Discipline is still being a big problem at very large depths by design.
- Calming down panicked sailors now works correctly.
- Corrupted island in the middle of the Celtic Sea.
- Food consumption rate was lowered by 33%.
- Newly recruited officers weren't appearing in the TAB menu.
- TAB menu wasn't working after loading a game state.
- It's no longer possible to damage own u-boat with a deck gun.
- Upgrade screen wasn't working with "FPP Only" gameplay mode.
- Sandbox progression was sometimes impossible because new assignments couldn't be selected.
- Saving game state fixes.
- Few minor errors.
Please do enjoy the game and if you encounter any issues, be sure to post about them in this dedicated thread: link.
As you may think, we're not done yet. We are working on further polish, optimization and we're ready to deal with anything to make UBOAT the best possible experience.
Thank you for your ongoing support!
Deep Water Studio