This week, introducing Charged-Up Attacks. Not quite an ultimate, this ability charges as you hit enemy Souls and does +100% damage per charge (up to a wooping 300%).
Many of you have raised the issue of "auto attacks" and although I still believe adding them would make the combat feel "grindy", the main thing they would add is flow - so two changes were made:
- Attacks have been reduced in casting time, difficulty, energy cost but also damage - they are mapped to Left Click.
- Attacks now generate Charges when hitting an opponent. You can have up to three Charges and you can release those with a Charged Up Attack that has a powerful effect with the Right Click.
This essentially creates a core gameplay loop of:
- Simple Attacks to work an enemy down,
- Controling the battle field,
- Protecting yourself from harm and..
- Moving to just the right place in order to..
- Unleashing (or avoid) one of the Charged-Up Attacks I just mentioned.
Would love to hear your comments at our Discord server:
Cheers from the Afterlife,