Hello PC Builders,
The team has been busy making a lot of changes to PC Building Simulator in order to be able to add the ability to swap peripherals such as keyboards and mice along with improving other various bits and pieces (some more visible than others) to make the game a bit more polished.
Lot’s to get through, so let's get right to the update!
Build v1.2 Highlights
Support for swapping peripherals is now live! In this update, we are kicking off with a wide range of Razer products which you can use to further customise your workbenches with. The items you can swap are:
- Mouse Mats
Please Note: Large (extended) mouse mats and headsets are currently only available to swap on your main office desk.
With this support now complete, we will add new peripherals in future updates.
In order to enable the ability to swap more items on workbenches we had to make some major changes to the current environment we all know and love(??). So we decided this was a good opportunity to rebuild it to support these kinds of changes properly. The overall layout and design have been kept but various cosmetic and functional improvements have been made. For example, there is now an extra light switch near the door!
Brand New Razer Workshop DLC
In addition to the remade workshop, we have collaborated with Razer to create a brand-new workshop themed around all things Razer. This new space brings a fresh, open layout for you to run your PC business in and once purchased you will be able to switch between either workshop as much as you like in either Career or Free Build modes.
Extra Cases for the Overclocked Edition
Owners of our existing Overclocked Edition DLC will now have access to two new case designs using new artwork designed by Brock Hofer:
NZXT H500 - Split
NZXT H700i - Organ Collector
Free DLC Cases
To celebrate the upcoming launch of two games being published by The Irregular Corporation we have created and release two new cases as Free DLC:
H700i - Deadstick
Download here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/982600/PC_Building_Simulator__Deadstick_Case/
H700i - Good Company
Download here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/823720/PC_Building_Simulator__Good_Company_Case/
Raijintek ENYO (Case)
MSI MPG Gungnir 100 (Case)
Antec Dark Avenger DA601 (Case)
In Win A1 (Case)
MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (Motherboard)
Raijintek DELOS RBW (CPU Cooler)
Raijintek JUNO PRO RBW (CPU Cooler)
Razer Cynosa Chroma Pro (Keyboard), Razer Naga Trinity (Mouse) & Razer Firefly (Mouse Mat)
Razer Huntsman Elite (Keyboard), Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition (Mouse) & Goliathus - Fissure Edition (Mouse Mat)
Razer Huntsman (Keyboard), Razer Basilisk (Mouse) & Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma (Mouse Mat)
Full Patch Notes:
(Career unlock level is in brackets after a parts/features name, all parts available in Free Build right away)
- New Cases: In Win A1 (6), Antec Dark Avenger DA601 (6), Raijintek ENYO (30), CORSAIR Graphite Series 380T (23), MSI MPG Gungnir 100 (6), CORSAIR Obsidian Series 750D (8), Raijintek OPHION (28) and Raijintek OPHION EVO (28).
- Overclocked Edition: Added NZXT H500 - Split (26) and NZXT H700i - Organ Collector (27).
- Free DLC: H700i - Deadstick (27).
- Free DLC: H700i - Good Company (27).* New CPUs: Intel Core i7-9800X (29), Intel Core i9-9820X (29), Intel Core i9-9900X (29), Intel Core i9-9920X (29), Intel Core i9-9940X (29), Intel Core i9-9960X (29) and Intel Core i9-9980XE (29).
- New Motherboards: GIGABYTE B360N AORUS GAMING WIFI (16) and MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (21).
- New PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 850W (27).
- New Air Coolers: Raijintek JUNO PRO RBW (10), Raijintek PALLAS 120 (10), Raijintek MYA RBW (10) and Raijintek DELOS RBW (10).
- New Case Fan: Antec Prizm 120 ARGB (30).
- New Keyboards: Razer Huntsman Elite (12), Razer BlackWidow Elite (10), Razer BlackWidow Lite (5), Razer Ornata Chroma (7), Razer Cynosa Chroma (5), Razer Cynosa Chroma Pro (7) and Razer Huntsman (9).
- New Mice: Razer Naga Trinity (12), Razer DeathAdder Essential (5), Razer DeathAdder Elite (7), Razer Basilisk (6), Razer Mamba Elite (11) and Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition (9).
- New Mouse Mats: Razer Firefly (10), Razer Invicta (12), Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma (9), Razer Goliathus (6) and Razer Destructor 2 (8).
- New Headsets: Razer Thresher (6), Razer Kraken Pro V2 (9) and Razer Nari Ultimate (11).
- Replaced old workshop scene with a new version to allow support for swapping peripherals.
- Added the ability to swap Keyboards, Mice, Mouse Mats and Headsets in both Career and Free Build modes.
- Peripherals unlock in Career mode from level 5 onwards, there is a new shop app that can be purchased to order them.
- Added new shop to purchase peripherals from.
- Updated the environment used in How to Build a PC mode.
- Improved main menu environment.
- Added all new optional workshop available via DLC, themed and created in collaboration with Razer.
- Updated backgrounds on all parts shown in the Inventory and Shop UI.
- Improved the effect used to show where delivery slots are in a workshop.
- Fixed an issue that could cause cases to be marked as broken when purchased through PC Bay.
- Fixed the fan on the AMD Radeon Vega GPUs not being quite centred.
- Fixed reservoirs being blocked from installing on the NZXT S340 Elite case after removing the cable management bar.
- Fixed the SATA power and data cables being the wrong way around in How to Build a PC mode.
- Fixed PC Bay post-it note outlines remaining visible after an item has been collected.
- Fixed an issue that could cause monitor images to display over cases from some angles.
- Fixed an issue on the be quiet! Silent Base 601 that caused the PSU bracket to block removal of a PSU.
- Fixed the pink materials on the GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Removed the rogue white space that appeared in all message box pop up UI boxes.
- Added a drop shadow to white UI text to help their visibility in some situations.
- Fixed missing Pipes label from key bindings screen.
- Various small UI tweaks and improvements.
- Various localisation fixes, these include both improved strings and fixes to overlaps. Work is continuing to improve this area of the game.
Alongside the continued work to add further PC parts, we will now be looking to expand available peripherals. We are also working on being to swap monitors to further add to the customisation options on your builds. If you have any favourite peripheral manufacturers you would like to see part of the game please do let us know in the comments!
As always, if you have any major issues with this update the fastest way to let us know is via our support email - email@example.com or via our Discord Server - https://discord.gg/pcbuildingsim and we will fix what we can as fast as reasonably possible.
The PC Building Simulator Team