This update is a bit embarrassing, because of a bug that was uncovered and now thankfully fixed. The historic events previously added to the game, were not triggering due to an oversight in the coding department (that's me). The good news is, all these events now trigger, one every two in-game months, and your reaction to them affects your staff, credibility, and more.
This update also comes with 3 new music loops, added to the Map. The plan is to have a track for each day of the week, but for now Sunday has its own track, and the other days alternate between 3 loops.
Finally, the game now collects Steam stats in the background. You can't see these anywhere (yet), but they will be displayed in-game eventually, and more importantly - these stats are used to track progress towards Achievements!
Note: Achievements are not in the game yet (feel free to suggest achieves!) - but by adding stats now, I can test the underlying mechanics and once the achieves are added, your existing stats will immediately count towards unlocking them.
Changes in Alpha 9.4
- Added 3 new music tracks
- Music now alternates on the Map, so it's not the same track every day
- Historic events now trigger every 2 months like they were supposed to
- Steam Statistics are now collected in the background, for later achievement tie-ins
- Game now auto-saves immediately after event windows close
- Fixed an exploit that would award you points for [REDACTED]
- Moved hair pixels down slightly to fix a gap seen on some reporter sprites
- Fixed a crash if you hit F1 on the main menu