Hey there AFF Community!
Turns out one more intermediate patch is very much in order. With the previous update for the first time in AFF history we’ve introduced a major crash to the game. Not a terrible statistic perhaps but we’re truly sorry nonetheless, was a nasty memory-management/packaging bug and took us a good chunk of Easter to fix. Should be taken care of now and we’re throwing in a bunch of other improvements and tweaks to the game too.
- Fixed a crash affecting both servers and client, primarily on the space maps but really whenever something referenced one of the game’s internal packages
- Fixed various issues with LZs not behaving properly in territories
- Fixed damage scaling being incorrectly applied to fighters, dropships and deployables
- Fixed issue with command callouts (such as 'move to this position') not playing the associated sound cue properly
- Fixed display issue with phase x of y being zero-indexed on the faction selection screen
- Destroyable objects (droppods, consoles) tweaked to be slightly more resistant vs bullets (but not vs AV weaponry) and have a little less total health
- Added config for disabling bot callouts entirely from chat (see AFFComms.ini if you really want to, will be exposed in the menus later on)
- Increased railbarrel mod’s penalty to accuracy
- Fortress updates:
- Added more cover near AIA spawn and additional pathway into the Objective B warehouse
- Rearranged cover near the warehouse to force ULA players on “the wall” to expose themselves more to fire to be able to shoot at Objective B
- Added more cover near ULA spawn
- Tannhauser updates:
- Raised out-of-bounds volume further
- Fixed missing collision on rings around the rail launcher, capacitor rings, lift trolley and improved collision on some ramps
- Fixed various collision issues near ULA spawn in Yin Tao Shan Territories
- Fixed rooftop ramp collision near Objective C in Irega Incursion
- Fixed missing collision on tyres and rocks in Igneous
For feedback, or just a lovely chat with the devs, post on AFF's Steam forums or contact us directly through our Discord!
Onwards and upwards!