This patch focuses on matchmaking improvements that’ll make it easier to get into games and give you more to do while you wait, in addition to a number of bug fixes!
Join in progress
You can now be backfilled into a match that's already in progress! This should help you find games faster and avoid just missing out on a potential match. For those looking for more competitive play without the possibility of backfill, feel free to continue organising private matches via the Discord! We support Discord lobby integration, so it's super easy to invite other Discord users to join your lobby without having to add them on Steam.
When you join a match that's already in progress you'll be given a random selection of perks for each round you've missed, start equal with the lowest player's score, and be able to laser strike if you join mid-round. A match will stop backfilling once someone gets close to the score limit to avoid disrupting a hard-fought victory. Matchmaking thresholds have been shortened slightly to let you get into a 1v1 faster, given additional players can now trickle in as you're playing.
Local versus while matchmaking
You can now continue to play local games while searching for an online match! This allows you to practice against bots, and even play with some extra local friends inbetween online matches.
- Notifications now stack instead of overlapping
- Local games will now pause when an active controller is disconnected (or runs out of battery)
- Matchmaking indicator is now prettier
- Fixed scoreboard bars overlapping if player left just before they were re-ordered
- Fixed scoreboard sometimes showing as zero score after a player left
- Fixed perk card titles not being scaled down properly in certain languages
- Fixed damage text not always being rounded down
- Fixed unable to press back from arena select while game is paused
- Fixed client returning to character select underneath arena select leave dialog
- Fixed slight layout glitch when closing pause menu
- Fixed Cyber Heart visual effect occasionally not being removed on clients
- Fixed mouse cursor jumping to top left while window isn't focused
- Fixed character slots getting into a weird state after cancelling matchmaking
- Fixed a rare case where packet loss could cause the camera to remain black when joining a match
- Fixed a rare case where camera could rotate sideways due to framerate hitches
- Fixed a rare case where sudden death announcement could appear during post-round
- Fixed a rare case where the pause menu could be owned by the primary player when they weren't in the match
- Potential fix for perk icons in match end stats becoming a white square
- Potential fix for certain match end stats not highlighting the correct player