No electricity yet, read below the changelog to find out more.
Unity 2018.3 upgrade:
- higher physx collider limit which allows for larger designs, working on reducing active colliders for a future update
- should see better performance
Copy-paste plugin functionality:
- fixed some prefab paths having caps that caused correction messages to spam the server console when importing into Rust
- sam site prefab path corrected
- RHIB now included
- more improvements coming soon
- new electric part list, running out of space
- moved low wall button to a more logical place
- copy tool includes deploys by default (toggle below button)
- stability live mode button moved (see stability numbers while building)
- tier panel moved
lots of optimized code with different tools and stability calculation
added door sounds, mainly for door controllers in the future
fixed tri floors placing in floor frames
fix for upkeep calculation, door, frame, and window parts are no longer included in the block count
steps can be placed next to walls without being red blocked
fix for accidentally selecting/adding parts while moving file panel slider
added a bunker tag for workshop items
extend mode arrow shows when placing walls
disabled placing on top of shelves, not sure if that’s a permanent change in Rust?
fix for building parts flickering when being placed next to foundations
slower rotation when holding alt while rotating a part
Electricity is almost ready!
So I was very reluctant to add electricity but it seems like it will be an increasingly important part of base design.
It has been a huge undertaking to add this system with all the electrical device functionality and make it work with other Fortify features. It will also be possible to import/export wired and working circuits with copy-paste files to/from Rust. In the future there will be plenty of Rust changes and additions to electricity to deal with.
To help support this work and further Fortity development It will be part of a new DLC that adds this and other new features like a day/night system. This (Fortify Pro?) DLC will get more additions over time. New features will still be added to the base version of Fortify. There’s still more work to do so I can’t give an exact date but it should be ready by mid-May.
I’m just a solo developer and one that’s still learning a lot along the way. Crazy that it will be 4 years of development in July. Thanks for the support!