Version 0.4.2 of Heroes of Fortunia just went live. This update fixes some issues in the game is designed to overall polish the experience.
- Immunity Tower: Now also absorbs any healing the target receives. This change was necessary in order to nerf setups where engaging two traooed Holy Wizards protected by an Immunity Tower each essentially meant the end of the run.
- Haunted Tomb: Now summons Ghosts after the death animation of any given enemy has finished playing as opposed to when it starts playing.
- Fixed an issue that would leave the UI unresponsive after receiving the "maintenance starts soon" message box.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the hero to still be controllable after completing a dungeon under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to save their keybindings under certain circumstances.
As some of you may know, the recent addition of the Dungeon Challenge game mode brought a nasty bug with it that allowed players to collect the challenge reward multiple times, sometimes unknowingly. This resulted in some players getting upwards of 80,000 in gold due to exploiting this bug, and the associated chests with it.
We have since corrected the issue, by removing all amounts of improperly acquired gold from player accounts, which has caused some of you to enter a negative gold balance. This way, things are 100% back to normal as they would have been had this bug not occurred. Those players who exploited this bug ultimately didn't gain anything, they just acquired a bunch of chests now which they would have otherwise gotten over the next couple of weeks.
However, after reflecting on our decision to simply deduct the gold, we've come to the realization that negative gold numbers in your account aren't very pretty to look at, and it's not as fun to play a game in order to work through your debt, as it is to aspire to something.
Therefore, we will be changing things again one last time. Here's what's going to happen:
Everyone who has a negative gold balance before 0.4.2 goes live will have their gold set to 0. Instead, their daily bonus rewards will be reduced for as long as it would take a player who plays every day to gain that amount of gold.
For reference: Including the weekly challenge, a F2P player can get up to 12,500 gold per week before the reduced rewards kick in. Now, let's say you have -25,000 gold currently, then your rewards will be reduced for 2 weeks.
It has basically the same effect as assigning a negative gold number for players, with the exception that the reduced rewards you receive can still be used to purchase treasure chests in the meantime, and it's not as ugly in your UI.
We'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the bug and the confusion this may have caused among those of you who did not consciously exploit this issue. Something of this scale can and will not happen in the future, and we will do our best to assure that! But hey, those are the risks of EA games.