Spent some more time fixing bugs this evening. Tonight's build includes a bunch of Orc Quest fixes as well as some others.
- The Skeletons during the Orc quest will no longer spawn in places where they cannot be found.
- Orcs will always have a greeting of some kind rather than having a blank conversation box.
- While on Orc Island, you can no longer press the Build Mode tabs to see Dwarf buildings in the build list.
- Likewise, Orc buildings will no longer appear in town build list after returning from Orc Island
- Orc health and stamina bars no longer cover up hit point and stamina numbers.
- Orc Archers no longer have a crafting option since they don't craft anything.
- You can now use Fitted, Masterwork, and Poor quality items to craft the armor sets
- Using the town resource menu to transfer stone from the town to yourself will no longer give you two stone for every one in the town. (bad bug!!!)
- Fixed a bug that caused the Build Mode information panel to fail to display all of the text.
- Updated me email in the welcome message to use email@example.com
There are also a couple of bugs that I am aware of, but haven't been able to reproduce myself yet.
- Sometimes attacking a monster will always result in a miss when it should have hit.
- Workers sometimes get stuck in a loop, running around in a circle.
Both of these can be fixed by restarting the game, but if either does happen, please send me your save and your outpit_log file before restarting the game. These two have eluded me so far and I really want to knock them out.
You can find info on how to send me the files here:
Again, and I can't say this enough, I really appreciate the bug reports. I've been playing this game for so long I often miss things because when I play, I play it the way I expect it to be played. But that's an illusion that never holds up once people get their hands on it. It's always fascinating to me read a bug report and think "Why would you do that!?" - and then figure it out and fix it. :)
Focusing on bugs has also been really helpful for me to gauge HammerHelm's overall polish. As I fix bugs I also make note of things that aren't necessarily broken, but could be improved or made more fun. That's where the idea for new building animation I showed the other day came from.
Meanwhile the artists continue to work on the new weapons and armor. The Copper Armor and Copper Weapons are ready for review so I'll probably show them tomorrow if they look good once in the game. The Jade Armor and Weapons need some rework as getting the Jade looking good has been tricky. He's also made some progress on the Zombie too, so hoping to show his work-in-progress soon. Lots going on!
Also, that something special I mentioned in the roadmap update is also ready for review. Can't wait to check it out. Again, it's not a huge thing, but it's special to me, and I hope you all like it.