Today's build includes the new Teleport Platforms that I've mentioned over the past few days. I've made a few changes to how they work.
- Teleport Platforms are crafted and placed using the same building menu as other town structures.
- You must have a Stonemason to place a Teleport Platform.
- Once placed, you can use teleport crystals to teleport back to your town.
- Teleport crystals come in 4 varieties, Jade, Gold, Diamond, and Blood Stone.
- A Teleport Platform has 6 "charges" per day. Each of the four teleport crystals uses a different amount of charges. Jade = 6, Gold = 3, Diamond = 2, and Bloodstone = 1.
- Jade and Gold teleport crystals can be crafted at the Stonemason using Jade or Gold Ingots and alchemy ingredients.
- Diamond and Bloodstone teleport crystals are crafted at the Mage using Diamond or Blood Stone Ingots and alchemy ingredients.
You cannot use a teleport crystal if:
- You are inside the town perimeter already.
- You are in a cave, dungeon or other underground location.
- You are standing at a dungeon, cave, or other entrance.
- You are drinking a potion.
- You are dead. :)
- You have any UI open such as inventory, crafting, ESC menu, etc.
- You are not a Dwarf or are not on the main island (this will make sense once you get a certain quest :P)
- You are standing near a treasure chest.
Based on feedback I might add some more limitations to using the crystals.
If you try to use a teleport crystal while the Teleport Platform doesn't have enough charges left for the day, you will get a message letting you know how many charges the Teleport Platform has..
Right now using a teleport crystal teleports your immediately. I might add a small delay with an animation, but I wanted to get this system out in a build so you all could try it out.