in update 1.71 we continued improving the game and added some new content which will please especially the online invasion players, but we of course also have goodies for the campaign!
For those who have the Pacific DLC, you should know the final map of the campaign, "Operation Downfall". We decided to convert it to be added to the vanilla online invasion map rotation.
There has been several changes to better match the vanilla experience. The challenge is tough and we tested it with a couple of beta testers the last couple of days and we loved it! :)
We also added a "reverse" version of the assault map "Rattlesnake Crescent" where you start at the Mosque without any combat vehicle while the enemy is constantly pushing with mass of vehicles - the freshly implemented Radar Tank being one of them!
In this update, we also added a special lonewolf sniper. He is equipped with a ghillie suit and a suppressed sniper rifle and tends to go behind enemy lines taking out enemies without them to notice. If an hostile enemy unit comes too close, he will crouch and retreat to the closest cover in hopes of not being detected.
At least they don't have any body armor under their ghillie suit and are therefore relatively easy to take out unless they notice you first! Sometimes, when they feel that stealth isn't helping as they would hope for, they might call Elite reinforcement, which is a new radio call, of course also usable for the player!
It paradrops 4 special units, 3 armored paratroopers with unique SMGs and an elite medic which can heal indefinitely (and fast) while having a very strong armored vest! It tries to stay back from the fights focusing on its duty but has a taser as primary weapon in case.
Community Box #3
The first 2 community box projects were a great success! This is why we launched a new modding contest to bring even more community creations into the game.
This time we focused more on useful and realistic items rather than goofy stuff. It's fine to run in a banana costume but it won't always help you during war :)
We at Osumia Games were especially pleased with the fact that some scripting efforts have been done to extend the boundaries of the average modding work that has been done so far for previous community boxes, nice!
This goes from repair crane vehicles that can (over)-repair vehicles to GPS laptops to locate strategic enemy locations on the map. We even have a repair kit to fix your broken vests but of course we also have some new and unique weapons, neat!
Here again, there has been more stuff submitted than what we expected, so we had to make a cut at some point, but those ideas aren't buried and rather get a new chance for the next Community Box!
See you on the battlefield!
Your Osumia Games
- projectiles: activated projectiles such as the Claymores, C4, AT mines, etc. can be detonated with blasts
- fix: disappearing flares on throw
- fix: map defined paratrooper spawn flares don't respawn after being destroyed
- fix: grenade class projectiles sometimes going through walls at high speeds (e.g. tank cannon)
- fix: fixed item drop handling with disconnecting while stunned
- fix: fixed periodic map legend flicker on screen when streaming with obs while playing online
- localization: added some overall missing translations
- quick match: assault maps with fixed starting bases now don't show the option to show the amount of starting base as it's fix anyway
- maps: "Green Coast" map added to online invasion - a modified version of the "Downfall" Pacific map but suited for Vanilla gameplay
- maps: added a variant of "Rattlesnake Crescent" in the invasion map rotation where you start at the Mosque with no combat vehicles at your disposal
- maps: fixed minor pathing issues of the broken bunkers in Misty Height, also you can't jump out of the bunkers anymore
- maps: few fixes here and there
- weapons: Tracer dart gun despawn time increased to match other rare gun
- weapons: M79 ballistics tweaked
- vehicles: Radar Tank added to online invasion for 2 maps.
- vehicles: Repair crane added on 2 maps maps
- vehicles: Ice cream Van added in online invasion. 15% chance to spawn on each map, you can buy ice cream there (oh really?) but also lottery tickets
- items: community box #3 added. More than a dozen of new goodies includes!
- calls: new paratrooper call added: elite reinforcement consisting of 3 armored paratroopers and 1 elite medic
- invasion: player faction swapped to Greycollars on official invasion servers
- dominance: "Green Coast" map added to the map rotator
- deathmatch: "Green Coast" map added to the map rotator
- minimodes: adding some player AI reduction
- ai: added lonewolf sniper behavior
- characters: characters now automatically jump out from vehicle after surrendering
- modding: added process_tires as vehicle tag parameter to disable wheel physics entirely
- modding: added blast_damage_threshold projectile parameter so that activated projectiles (C4, mines...) can be destroyed with blast damage
- modding: added kill reward XP multiplier parameter for weapons
- modding: added blood effect control in character files
- modding: added general foot_step sound key in character files
- modding: fixed item buy_price and sell_price handling
- modding: fixed xp and rp configs not reverting to default when left undefined when using copy_from with soldier groups
- modding: added soldier_group_name parameter for resources query command
Changelog v1.71 (PACIFIC DLC):
- weapons: Type 4 Rocket Launcher's area of effect now matches Bazooka (was raised.)
- weapons: set Type 99 hi-grade rifle's text to have a blue colour like other rare weapons when on the ground.
- weapons: outside of Online Invasion mode, the Type 1 SMG and Type Hei now have matching commonness (rather than Type Hei being far more common.) Invasion remains unchanged where the Type Hei actually is the rarest weapon.
- items: Sentry Vest "0%" layer fixed to still provide some very minor benefit like all other vests
- misc: edited tip regarding M1 Carbine being an effective side-arm for 'Bazooka crews', as Bazookas have been a secondary slot as well for a very long time.