Hey everyone, Update 29 for cyubeVR is live!
This is an update primarily focused on fixing multiple bugs that have been found and reported in the last few days. The game should always be almost bug-free, so when bugs are found, they are immediately fixed before anything else is worked on. This update also makes it significantly faster to find all the recipes in the game, and adds an awesome new camera smoothing feature to the High-Res Video Capture Mode.
Just 4 days ago, Update 28 was released. If you haven't seen that one yet, you can read through the announcement post here:
As usual, here is a very quick overview of the things changed in Update 29, with some more details below:
- Added awesome camera smoothing feature to the high res video capture mode, allowing for very smooth video captures
- When collecting a recipe, duplicates will now change the type to a different recipe instead of despawning
- Fixed torch sounds sometimes not working
- Fixed birds being invisible sometimes due to spawning at incorrect location
- Fixed music sometimes not playing
- Slightly increased minimum height for high-up flying birds
- Fixed weird artifacts that could sometimes happen at various locations on light processed wood texture
- Fixed potential double item spawn when destroyed with 2 tools at the exact same time
- Fixed saving/loading of day/night length sliders
- Fixed bug that sometimes made it impossible to move chairs or chests
- Fixed green glow around attached blocks that are valid crafting recipe sometimes disappearing or flickering
- Fixed blocks not playing "scale down" animation sometimes when adding to bucket
Smoothing for the High Res Video Capture Mode
There's now an awesome smoothing mode for high res video capture! Two new ini settings have been added to the game:
When this new smoothing mode is enabled, the camera on the monitor will not just be where your head is, instead it will smoothly fade towards your head location. This gives it a gimbal-like appearance which is awesome for capturing some nice scenes in the game. The SmoothingSpeed variable allows you to specify how quickly the virtual camera will move.
Here's an example video of a beta tester who used the new smoothing to capture this video:
Adjusted recipe spawn behavior
Previously, if you collected a recipe of some type, all duplicates of that recipe would despawn, which resulted in the chance to find a new recipe greatly decreasing when you almost found all existing recipes already. Now, duplicates will no longer despawn, and instead they are updated to represent a different recipe.
This change makes the time it takes to find a new recipe roughly stay constant, which makes it feel significantly easier to find the last few recipes.
As usual, thanks very much to our great beta testers in the official cyubeVR discord who tested this update as part of 4 separate beta builds! If you also want to test new features earlier when they come out in the beta branch, make sure to join the discord and take a look at the #beta-build-patch-notes and #beta-build-discussion channel!
That's all for today! If you like the game, don't forget to tell other people about it and write a review on Steam if you haven't done that already, even if its just a few words. Writing a review and spreading the word is the easiest way you can support the game!
Thanks for caring about the game and as usual, make sure to report all issues you see and give me as much feedback as possible in the official forums or the official discord server, join it before its full ;) We're more than 400 people strong there already, come and join us! If you don't like something about the game, tell me there and I'll try to improve it! I'm available to chat with anyone in discord.
There's also a cyubeVR subreddit available on Reddit, if you're active on Reddit, make sure to subscribe to it and maybe post some great screenshots there!
Also, don't forget there's an [official roadmap with voting features](www.roadmap.cyubevr.com).
Looking forward to hearing what you think about the new update :)