Hello everyone! Update for The Sunless Desert here + some bug fixes. Gonna leave this a bit vague as far as new content goes so you can all see for yourself whats down there :P
THE SUNLESS DESERT:
- 2 New uniques w/ their own vaults and special item drops.
- Bunch of oasis type vaults adding a bit of water into the zone
- Bunch of bandit camp vaults.
- Couple of new bandit NPCs
- Fixed those annoying black squares of solid rock in many cave levels.
- Fixed a hard crash: unable to fill cave was the console log
- Got rid of the 'spotted gate' message on normal prison doors.
- Campfires will only show on the mini map in the ice caves (I'm starting to use them just generally in other levels).
- Unique enemies will not drop their special items if they are killed while dominated. I believe this is a good trade off and hard choice to make.
- Removed the cave ins that would occasionally occur and wreck parts of levels, was destroying to much stuff and I have much better methods now to handle that sort of thing.
TAKING A BREAK:
After about 9 months of pretty much daily work with only the occasional day off, I've decided to take a break next week before I burn out. So will be taking the entirity of next week off from development and will be returning next Saturday for the discord meetup and will beginning work again then. Next update will then be in about 2 weeks, likely either The Under Grove or Orc Fortress content additions.
Will be keeping an eye on bugs and crashes for the next few days just to make sure nothings horribly messed up but otherwise will be trying my hardest not to think about the project for a week :P.
Well that's it for now! Thanks for your support everyone!