Hi ! Here we are, one year later :) Time to sum up past 12 months and plan the future ! But first, the actual update :)
Since one year ago the buggy type vehicle was added to the game, I thought it would be a right time to reveal the new buggy. Its lighter and faster than other vehicles, also features bigger tires. Have fun :)
I took some time to rework the lighting on all maps, to better suit the overall look of the game. I hope the game now feels more toned down and much more realistic :) As I was changing this stuff I went ahead and change some vegetation on spring maps, as much as I am in new maps I think that the game really will benefit from this change and help the old maps not stand out so much.
- car physics should be more responsive now, there was linear drag applied to car body causing it to "float" when moving faster.
- improved camera, I hope it will help everyone who felt dizzy while playing
- fixed bug that caused no feedback from buttons on score widget
- more CPU calculations for body velocity and position, should improve smoothness
- fixed bug that caused no money earned from the first ever stage
- more money for clean stage completion
And now... lets sum up this year !
I have never thought that this game is going to evolve so much, that it would have customization, wheel support with force feedback, proper cockpit view and if you are here from day one then probably you remember the struggle to make proper diff lock :)
And that's all thanks to all of you. Pushing me to make new things, fix the old ones, really that means a lot. I may be not the most communicative dev, but i hope you feel that i am reading every suggestion and comment, and that i am truly committed to this as an Early Access where players have impact on the game.
That being said, Pure Rock Crawling will remain in Early Access for now. It would be wasted opportunity to leave it too soon, when the game still can benefit from players suggestions.
[b]As for the future :) I have some ideas that I am constantly testing and also your requests. So here is the rough list of what to expect from this game in the future:
- update car models, as well as suspension, i think i can do much better now
- rework customization, I want to make something that would really let you feel like building dream rock crawler. Different tire sizes/types, axles that actually change something, being able to chose between spring or leaf suspension, more cosmetic items etc., so that's something that i want to work hard on.
- different progression system, since i find levels/credits in current form a little annoying
- multiplayer and mod support, so these are the tough ones. Don't get me wrong, I want both in game as soon as possible ! Both require the game to be more finished than it is right now (especially mod support) so first things first. Once i settle on how the core mechanics work, I will start working on these features. Cant say anything for sure but I will try as hard as i can :)
[b]Looking back on how much Pure Rock Crawling changed in the past 12 months i am sure there is much more to come !!!
Thank you all for the support ! Cheers and have fun !