Hi executives, been working hard on this new patch which I hope you will enjoy with plenty fixed and some new features and a second significant optimisation upgrade meaning higher frame rates:
- Mechanoids now have access to heavy weapons.
- Executrons now have access to heavy weapons.
- Added new point defence weapon which attempts to shoot down long range missiles to the support load out.
- Defence platforms have now been added to the support group for extra strategies to emerge.
- Mining ships, cargo ships and star fighters now add to the population cap.
- Direct controlled units and Executrons get dealt 50% less damage.
- Firing rate on fighters, drones and star ships doubled when direct controlling.
- Carriers now rebuild fighters every 10 seconds once all fighters have been recalled.
- CTRL + K now self destruct all selected units.
- CTRL + K also kills the currently possessed unit except CEO.
- Added GUI showing weapons firing on star ships.
Balancing and adjustments
- Long range missiles now fire less frequently.
- Monolith now costs 35000 Ironite and takes 10 minutes to research.
- Flak explosive range increased from 20 to 40.
- AI will now build better units against outposts.
- Traders will now carry up to 5000 Ironite.
- A game against 3 AI companies has been removed by default however this can be re enabled in the options screen. Some of you may wonder why this has happened but I have come to the conclusion that most peoples computers based on the logs I have been receiving cannot handle 3 AI's.
- Cargo operations screen no longer causes slow down.
- Weapons on ships now uses a lot less CPU power to fire to help speed up the game.
- Audio priority has changed so that important sounds like announcements don’t get cut off.
- Game menu size reduced.
- Defences were sometimes not spawning in multiplayer.
- Gateway ships should no longer dock with doorways after a building is added to the point.
- Executons can no longer access the stations operations using the F keys.
- Mining outpost ship fab screen now works over multiplayer.
- Mining outpost capturing team now works correctly over multiplayer.
- Manually constructed mining ships should now auto take off when idle.
- Cargoships now assign outpost when right clicked on.
- Monolith construction cap now displays when trying to deploy.
- Removed the words tracking from missiles.
- Missile 4 was missing from the tech tree.
- Ai should build ships with the latest researched weapons.
- Defence outpost missiles no longer go mad attacking gateway probes.
- Reduced the size of pilot UI.
- Telling long range ships to attack a structure should not make them move.
- Weapons and specials on defence platform now only activate once deployed.
- Flak gun now working.
- Lightning weapons now visually work against shields.
- No longer kicked out of turrets by the AI.
- Subsystem icons sometimes not appearing has been fixed.
- Support class should no longer randomly disable.
- Fleet cost of a ship shown in the design screen.
- Hacked doors will now stay open for 30 seconds when the AI is controlling the building.
- Mechnaoids can now open unlocked doors.
- Rockets are now more accurate in the direction they fire.
- Goods production info now available on resource control screen.
- 3rd person view removed from Mechanoid due to camera issues.
- Fixed robots trying to hack unlocked open doors.
As with all new patches please let me know if it broke something and I will try and fix it ASAP.
One problem that occasionally crops up is finding a Z11 bot or Infestor floating about outside the station, if this happens I would be very interested in a bug report as I am having a hard time trying to locate how this is happening.
Next I will be working on improving the siege mechanics and internal defences and also want to start progressing towards creating a scenario editor in preparation for starting work on the single player campaign.
Have a great week!