Version 0.2.0 of Heroes of Fortunia just went live. We've been going through all of your feedback, as well as the data we've gathered so far to determine the best changes & new features to introduce. Below you will find a list of what's changed.
- In-app purchases for treasure chests have now been enabled. Now you can choose to support the development of Heroes of Fortunia and get some nice rewards in return! Keep in mind that pricing and contents of these chests is subject to change over the course of development.
- The elixir you've accumulated so far can now be put to use, in the new "My Collection" menu in your Treasury. Elixir is used to craft minions & traps you don't already fully own yet, so if you find yourself getting unlucky with your chest contents, this is the place to fix that!
- Spike Field (common trap): 4 defense rating, "Periodically shoots spikes out of the ground that damage the enemy hero."
- Mist of the Damned (rare trap): 6 defense rating, "If the enemy hero spends too much time in this mist, arms of the damned will rise and start attacking them until they leave."
- Haunted Tomb (legendary trap): 9 defense rating, "Whenever a nearby enemy dies, summon a Ghost at the tomb that will immediately start attacking the enemy hero."
- Ghost (common minion): 3 defense rating, 2 attack, 8 health.
- Alarming Hound (rare minion): 4 defense rating, 2 attack, 12 health. "Engage: Cause all other nearby minions to engage. Does not work on minions with similar effects."
- Wall: Cost reduced from 4 -> 2
The Wall is just a tiny bit shorter than 4 Barrels in a row, each having a defense rating of 1. A reduced defense rating of 2 should give the Wall a little more bang for its buck, considering it can't be freely placed anywhere in the dungeon due to its shape.
- Explosive Mine: Cost increased from 2 -> 3, no longer sets the enemy hero on fire, but deals all of its damage instantly.
The Explosive Mine has been a strong contender for most annoying trap in the game (alongside the Defense Gate), partly due to the plethora of effects that are going on when it is triggered. The removal of the fire debuff should rectify that, at least mostly.
- Defense Gate: Automatic reopen timer reduced from 60 seconds -> 30 seconds.
There are several instances in which a player would accidentally aggro a minion behind a defense gate, have the gate close, and then be locked out and unable to fight the minion. With the reduced reopen timer, players will no longer have to sit around and wait a full minute before getting back into the action!
- Night Prowler: Cost increased from 4 -> 6
The Night Prowler has been a powerful addition in minion packs so far, and the stealth enables it to cleverly circumvent single target attacks until it's locked on and has applied its poison effect. An increased defense rating means an increased placement box, which means that the Night Prowler can no longer be used as freely as before.
- Alarming Treant: Health reduced from 8 -> 3, defense rating reduced from 4 -> 2
The Alarming Treant is meant to be a core part of every dungeon, as it is one of the few minions that has the ability to cause other minions to engage. However, at its current state, it is relatively difficult to counterplay it, and using it involves not much strategy. Reducing its health to 3 allows it to be killed instantly by the Archer, thus rendering it unable to perform its engage skill, forcing defenders to place it in strategic positions where it can't be sniped.
The previous functionality of Alarming Treant can be found in the newly added Alarming Hound, which is a rare minion, meaning you can only place a maximum of 5 of it in your dungeon.
- Burly Brute: Cost increased from 8 -> 9
The Burly brute is one of the stronger common cards, a bit too strong for a rating of 8 in fact, hence the increase.
- Big Brute: Health increased from 40 -> 45
The Big Brute has been underwhelming to some extent, considering it's an epic minion. A slight health increase should allow it to live ever so slightly longer, and thus increase the threat it presents.
- Bonus Gold for successful attacks increased from 50 -> 75
- Bonus Elixir for successful attacks increased from 5 -> 10
- Daily bonus cap reduced from 30 -> 20. Keeping the above changes in mind, this changes nothing in regards to how much gold you can earn per day, but it increases the maximum amount of elixir from 150 -> 200.
- Maximum number of dungeon rooms reduced from 8 -> 6.
- Maximum defense rating increased from 240 -> 260.
- Players can now use the R key to rotate minions/traps while they are moving them.
- Reduced the chance to find players running the default dungeon when matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Explosive Mine to behave incorrectly in replays.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Immunity Tower to behave incorrectly in replays.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Holy Wizard's healing projectile to engage minions.
- Added more sound effects to Dagron the Undying.
- Changed the way music loops during a dungeon attack.
Please let us know what you think of these changes by commenting down below, or by using the in-game feedback form (accessible by pressing ESC while in edit mode). The next update is scheduled to bring Ranked mode into the game, as well as player profiles and leaderboards, so be sure to look forward to that!