April release is here!
We're actually focused on chapter 3 implementation, but we're still working on enhancing what released so far.
Enjoy a number of bugs fixes and some very important enhancements!
CPU performance boost
We've ported some routines to c++ and implemented a number of smart tweaks to reduce overall CPU load. Measured results are very encouraging, with a 15% performance gain ːinflammable_barrelː
Zombies animations enhancements
Zombie hit reaction animations have been totally reworked. Varied knockback animations are now played randomly and zeds will also react to lateral and back hits ːgas_jerrycanː
Bullet penetration: most powerfull weapons (e.g. SVD, Desert Eagle) are now able to shoot right through helmets or thin surfaces.
Player can hold a weapon using only non-dominant hand, freeing dominant hand to do something else... ːgun_pistolː
Last but not least, all game lights and reflections have been reworked, greatly improving weapon's metal reflections (check gif below).
We're also releasing a number of bug fixes that should solve the majority of reported problems. ːdrill_picklockː
Check full list below!
New features & tweaks:
- core: cpu performance enhancements
- zombies: animations enhancements (knockback animation random change, left/right/backward hit reactions)
- weapons: player can hold a weapon using only secondary (non-dominant) hand
- weapons: SVD and Desert Eagle are able to shoot right through helmets or thin surfaces
- graphics: lights and reflection enhancements
- zombies: footstep sound should be louder when running
- inventory: better grip position for some objects
- graphics: menu map new game logo
- drill: client trying to pick an already picked door will incorrectly see drill bit sparks
- graphics: semi-transparent body is not transparent at all
- first boot: arrow buttons in shooting range's touch screen are changing their dimensions on hover
- inventory: player can't grab some objects within houses
- inventory: when going up on the lift in sewers, if you put anything on the floor, it floats in mid-air
- graphics: skin is compenetrating clothes for some zed models
- weapons: supernova is causing frame drop
- steam: stats are not increasing for some weapons
- multiplayer: electronic appliances (eg. TVs) status is not replicated to clients on join
To get in touch with us, just drop a line on discussions forum or join our discord channel.
As always, feedbacks are welcome!