Sorry for the delay on this update, reworking the way students picked lessons ended up taking quite a while.
The 32 bit builds of the game don't seem to seeing any use and they are not the easiest to maintain. I plan to make this update the last one that supports 32 bit and will remove them next version. If this causes any issues for you please let me know.
Also due to the number of changes old save files will no longer load.
Rewrote the lesson system to allow players to have more control over what happens. Previously students would built lesson plans automatically from the rooms that were built. This was random so students wouldn't be grouped together with anyone.
You can see courses from the new "Courses" button on the action bar. Creating a new course from this screen should place you into an editor. From this editor you can name the course, set a price to join the course and select the subject for the course.
Clicking on any of the blank timetable slots will bring you to a screen where you can select the lesson for the period, "Free period" being students doing whatever they want. Once a lesson is selected you'll be able to add rooms and assign staff to them. The dropdown boxes will only let you select rooms that work for the lesson are unused. Same for staff. If you add multiple rooms students will use the second if the first is full helping to increase the capacity of the course.
Once you've finished setting up lessons saving will place the course into the list and allow students to sign up to it. You may edit the course at any time but students already signed up will not see the timetable changes if you decide to move things around and may end up missing lessons.
This requires managing your staff to not over work them as they no longer automatically stop working when tired but their teaching gets worse.
There is still more to come on this system in future updates.
- Added a little animation to buttons when hovering over them to smooth the transistion.
- Chat messages in multiplayer have been disabled.
- Staff will now idle in the staff room when not teaching instead of just standing around getting tired.
- The settings screen no longer lets you set when staff rest as they now do it when idle.
- The FPS limiter is now more accurate and shouldn't end up around 59.4 fps vs 60 fps on certain systems.
studentsplscheat now uses the normal spawning system instead of having its own special one.
- Fixed some entity ghosting issues causing duplicates that would just stand around.
- The 64 bit builds for Windows are now compiled on Linux using clang/lld instead of msvc. This makes producing the builds faster and the resulting build seems equal (if not better) in performance to the previous system.
Open Source Parts
Recently I open sourced two small crates used in the game and put them on a Github org here: https://github.com/ThinkLibs
Hopefully I can open source more in the future.