How is it going hunters? A large update is finally here!
- HUD elements
- Arrow to guide you back when you're OOB
- NEW MAP "Dreary Sono", explore this large hunt area based on the beautiful deserts of Arizona.
- Parasaurolophus is now back in as a huntable dinosaur, with several updates to it's animations as well as a new unique crest frill-less variant. Watch out for this fast and skittish herbivore!
- Allosaurus is also back as a huntable dinosaur, smaller than it's more aggressive cousin, Saurophaganax, it still packs a mean bite.
- Introduction tutorial, this is a quick run-down to help new users get a started and learn the basics of the game. From what dinosaurs are available, their vulnerable spots, to what is and how to use Perma.
- Added flying reptiles, currently they are ambient hunts: Pteranodon, and Geosternbergia are currently able to be seen soaring the skies
- Loading screen spinner
- Added campsite objects (The camp is where you spawn in)
Fixes and tweaks:
- AI issues
- Tweaked dinosaur speeds
- Tweaked spawn rate
- Tweaked spawn zones
- Tweaked spawn amounts
- Tweaked weapon map spawns
- New spawn system. Bracketed into tiers, all areas will have a 'Trophy' hunt. These hunts are especially dangerous and large. Along with medium to small hunts, it is now easier to tell which hunt is available in each area. By selecting an area to hunt on, the hunt licenses will auto-update and refund any hunts that are unavailable, and will show the ones that are.
- Tweaked weapon damage for the TR Shotgun
- Tweaked fire speed for some weapons
- Tweaked reload speed for some weapons
- Fixed audio issue, constant roar sounds should no longer be an issue. Roars have been fixed to now all be based on distance.
- Gunshots, running, and jumping are all actions that can scare hunts away or attract predators now.
- Shooting dinosaurs now will cause them to react and either chase you or run away.
- Perma values tweaked in the hunt shop
- Perma rewards tweaked
- Perma rewards from "illegal hunts" now will exponentially decrease until it hits 0 from additional "illegal hunts"
- Loading screen fixed
- Tweaked the fog, lighting and post process settings in Haystack Ridge
- Fixed ambient animals not spawning with unique skins (I.e. Alternate, albino, melanistic skins)
Here are the list of hunts on each map:
Saurophaganax - Trophy Hunt
Carcharodontosaurus - Trophy Hunt
Things we have planned that are underway:
- A brand new map, based on a swamp environment.
- More dinosaurs to come back, and more to be added to existing maps.
- A new dinosaur!
- Bug fixes
- AI changes
- New unique animations
- A new weapon
- Lore objectives
- Mission Mode
Since the day is almost over, and we had yet to have any fun.
We put a little special nod in for players looking for some nostalgic gameplay. Pressing 4 and 1, right after each other (Note that it may take a few attempts), you will enable a special mode!
You can keep up to date with us on our Discord, we promise we are friendly.
'Till next time hunters!